Old Ted

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Dave Wilkinson, "Old Ted" on PSF, was a great pipe man from Yorkshire. He was known to many of us and was beloved. We all enjoyed Dave's humor and wit and benefited from his pipe knowledge . Sadly, he was taken from us in 2013 by cancer. I raise a pipe to his memory.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Didn't know the gentleman, but I join you and do the same.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Here here :buddy:

Dave was pretty awesome all around . He made stellar pipes also . I miss him
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
nimazparsa

Oh, I remember him. He was a great big heart man. That was a decade passed. I remember him in the pas PSF website which I lost contact with some of the old members. I really enjoyed that moment. I was 32, almost newbe in pipe smoking and learned alot from thise guys.
Rest in peace.
---------------------
Change to be happy :thumbs:
---------------------
Iain

Dave was a true gentleman, his enthusiasm for piping and engineering has been an inspiration to me and many others I'm sure. I still remember him fondly.

Rest in peace OT

Ronv69
Founding Member

He died about a month before I joined PSF. I only read some of his posts, but he seemed to be a great guy.
God and Texas!
ric03

I'm really sorry to learn of Old Ted's passing. I was hoping he'd still be around on here. I'm from Yorkshire originally, but moved to Lancashire as a kid and he used to (gently) rib me about it! He was such a lovely, helpful and friendly guy and I'll never forget his sense of humour.

I hope they have a good pipe shop wherever you are now, Ted, may you rest in peace.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ric03 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:47 pm I'm really sorry to learn of Old Ted's passing. I was hoping he'd still be around on here. I'm from Yorkshire originally, but moved to Lancashire as a kid and he used to (gently) rib me about it! He was such a lovely, helpful and friendly guy and I'll never forget his sense of humour.

I hope they have a good pipe shop wherever you are now, Ted, may you rest in peace.
He was really one of the good guys by a lot . He could make a hell of a pipe too
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

I always looked forward to his gardening pics while he raised tobacco. Cheers.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Longshanks wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:06 pm I always looked forward to his gardening pics while he raised tobacco. Cheers.
I think youre thinking of Wickerman . Wickerman was a Brit too and was , imho , the greatest member of the forum . He didnt last long here and lasted a little longer on the original . The thing about him was he was a genius , truly , and a master tinkerer . He was/is retired and he kept himself very busy doing things . He has a blog on google called Teddy Tea Tours , which has an icon of a Paddington bear or something similar . Its excellent and contains some of the things he messes with along with his what seems like day camping trips in teh English countryside .

The man is the most excellent . Being a complete brainiac , its hard to keep him around . I think we cant hold the interest of someone like that .. Seriously , hes the most interesting character . I love him a lot and hope he is well and that God blesses him

I went and got the link . I hope he is well

https://teddytourteas.blogspot.com/