IN MEMORY OF NITEHAWK

MakDragon

I remember him well. Sorry Ruff. Losing friends is terrible.
Nitehawk was a great guy!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:29 pm See , his wife was sick pretty bad . My wife is sick also . I was having a tuff time with it some years ago and Darryl got through to my head about it . He had been dealing with it before I and had a better mental grip on it all . He gave me strength

Sadly , and this is whats killing me .. his wife passed and later on that night he followed ... collapsed and passed .
There's a selfish part of me that actually hopes I go down like that... I don't want to hang out here on spaceship earth without my wife. Maybe he felt the same
I hear ya
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogoldswife
Founding Member

Wow, I can't believe that my first post here has be about Nitehawk's passing, but to say nothing would also be wrong. When I first joined the old site, he sent me a message and I was honestly afraid that he was some old pervy guy up to some tricks and I immediately called Ruff over to see. Well, soon enough Ruff assured me that all you guys were not like that, and no one ever treated badly in any of these forums. Nitehawk was a true blessing to our family as we all struggled to come to terms with living a chronic illness in the family. He was always kind and took the time out to check on me often. Sure the site itself had the occasional old pervy guy, but it was always well handled which was why I stuck around. I think the constant loss of friends has kept me away from here, but in that, I've lost track of this passing as well. I'll check in more often, guys. I miss, Y 'all.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogoldswife wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:31 pm Wow, I can't believe that my first post here has be about Nitehawk's passing, but to say nothing would also be wrong. When I first joined the old site, he sent me a message and I was honestly afraid that he was some old pervy guy up to some tricks and I immediately called Ruff over to see. Well, soon enough Ruff assured me that all you guys were not like that, and no one ever treated badly in any of these forums. Nitehawk was a true blessing to our family as we all struggled to come to terms with living a chronic illness in the family. He was always kind and took the time out to check on me often. Sure the site itself had the occasional old pervy guy, but it was always well handled which was why I stuck around. I think the constant loss of friends has kept me away from here, but in that, I've lost track of this passing as well. I'll check in more often, guys. I miss, Y 'all.
He was really awesome
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

I had forgotten his screen name but his avatar I remembered immediately.

RIP NITEHAWK
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

I remember the avatar, too. Wish I'd have gotten to know him better. RIP brother!
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Doctor Willet

That's really sad news Mayor. I remember his avatar from the original Pipe Smokers Forum. If he was a friend to you, he was probably a cool guy. And you're right, there aren't so many salty dogs left. I suppose we can best honor Nitehawk by following the salty dog example.

My Condolences,
-Brandon
Last edited by Doctor Willet on Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
And miles to go before I sleep.
Doctor Willet

Longshanks wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:43 pm I remember the avatar, too. Wish I'd have gotten to know him better. RIP brother!
Me too. I s'pose this is a good reason to reach out and say hello to our fellow members more often; we're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time.
And miles to go before I sleep.
cmasailor

Bummer... was a good man. Rest in Peace friend.
nimazparsa

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:29 pm See , his wife was sick pretty bad . My wife is sick also . I was having a tuff time with it some years ago and Darryl got through to my head about it . He had been dealing with it before I and had a better mental grip on it all . He gave me strength

Sadly , and this is whats killing me .. his wife passed and later on that night he followed ... collapsed and passed .
Oh, I remember him. So sad to hear that :(
---------------------
Change to be happy :thumbs:
---------------------