Pizza....

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:57 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:43 pm Was someone talking trash about Detroit-style pizza here?

Check out this pepperoni:

Tell me you're not salivating.
Too much pepperoni.
They cut that serving in quarters. A full slice is a meal for four.

People who live outside of Detroit have been shown to have a pepperotine deficiency. Now we know why.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

I posted on the what’s for supper thread about Greek owned pizza shops (house of pizza) here’s the scoop. When I’m at a house of pizza I usually get a steak bomb. It’s like your normal cheese steak but better way better. I’ve been to Philly and I’ve tried a lot of cheese steaks but I’ve never had a philly beat a good old New England steak bomb.

https://www.nhpr.org/post/you-asked-we- ... -hampshire
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

I am sad.

There is only one pizza joint in my area that delivers a quality pie that I like to eat.

Something has gone terribly wrong over the last few months.

The pie is still awesome going down, but it wreaks havoc on the way through. I'm not in the food industry, but I suspect that some microscopic critters have moved in to their kitchen. Such a bummer. I'd really like to order an anchovy and bacon thin crust pizza right now.
ever forward
Jlando19

arturo7 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:52 pm I am sad.

There is only one pizza joint in my area that delivers a quality pie that I like to eat.

Something has gone terribly wrong over the last few months.

The pie is still awesome going down, but it wreaks havoc on the way through. I'm not in the food industry, but I suspect that some microscopic critters have moved in to their kitchen. Such a bummer. I'd really like to order an anchovy and bacon thin crust pizza right now.
That is a bummer. I had a not so impressive pie today.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

arturo7 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:52 pm I am sad.

... I'd really like to order an anchovy and bacon thin crust pizza right now.
Not being able to order that is adding insult to injury.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I hate to be that guy who knows it all, but I have to agree with this Japanese guy I follow on twitter and Facebook and instagram. The best pizza in the world can only be had in Naples, Italy, or, as some people like to call it, Bella Napoli. That's where pizza came from and it is delicious.

Pizza is rooted in where it is from. You can get good pizza all over the world but each of those pizzas are different. I learned about this guy in Japan who is making Neapolitan pizza, in Japan, so I started to follow him on twitter and Facebook and instagram. It was great fun.

This Japanese Pizza Maestro is correct in his discipline and all I can do is wish him godspeed. I hope to visit his shop someday. He seems to be skimpy with the toppings, though. YMMV.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

A friend and I are going to lunch here next week:

When we made the date, she said, "Mr. B, you are not allowed to order that pizza you're always talking about."

Me: "What if I just get it for myself and take the leftovers home."

She: "Mr. B, if you order that, it's going to ruin my appetite."

Mrs. B says the same thing. For six months I've been saying that I need to go to Venezia by myself so I won't be judged, even though I know they'll be judging me in the kitchen.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

This video can be a long slog since it goes through every one of the fifty nifty United States, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Why not Guam or the Virgin Islands, too?

I have my opinions about the pizzas I have tried on this list --- five out of 52. Of the ones I have tried, I have no bone to pick with this video's picks. Some are better than others, but all the ones I have tried have all been good enough and more than half (3) have been sublime pizza pies.

Of the ones I haven't tried, there are some pizzerias on this list where I will never darken their door. I don't mind innovation but I have little patience for revolution. YMMV.

A state without good pizza is like an address without a mailbox. ----You can quote me on that. :king:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Citizen B wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:36 pm This video can be a long slog since it goes through every one of the fifty nifty United States, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Why not Guam or the Virgin Islands, too?

I have my opinions about the pizzas I have tried on this list --- five out of 52. Of the ones I have tried, I have no bone to pick with this video's picks. Some are better than others, but all the ones I have tried have all been good enough and more than half (3) have been sublime pizza pies.

Of the ones I haven't tried, there are some pizzerias on this list where I will never darken their door. I don't mind innovation but I have little patience for revolution. YMMV.

A state without good pizza is like an address without a mailbox. ----You can quote me on that. :king:
I haven't watched yet, but I'm going to. Did Campisi's Egyptian Pizza make the Texas cut? Did you know Joe Campisi was the underboss of the Dallas Crime Family branch of LCN? He is the one who bailed Jack Ruby out of jail after Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!