Boiled Peanuts...and Tinned Fish

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:48 am
Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:35 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:17 am

You , like riff , need to get down south , man :lol:
When I was managing branches for Orkin, I spent a butt load of time in Georgia/Atlanta and I loved every minute. Great folks down there.
I despise Atlanta . Actually , the reason why florida doesnt break off and float out to sea is because atlanta sucks so much . Georgia mountains .. its where all the bazillionaires are moving to ... go figure . I'll be out of here is a couple few years , unless the economy tanks in the next year . I need to find another rural paradise that tourists and millionaires wont find .. at least till after Im dead
We've one more move in us. We want wooded property off the beaten path with a small home in the middle of it. Time will tell.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:33 pm
When I was managing branches for Orkin, I spent a butt load of time in Georgia/Atlanta and I loved every minute. Great folks down there.
I despise Atlanta . Actually , the reason why florida doesnt break off and float out to sea is because atlanta sucks so much . Georgia mountains .. its where all the bazillionaires are moving to ... go figure . I'll be out of here is a couple few years , unless the economy tanks in the next year . I need to find another rural paradise that tourists and millionaires wont find .. at least till after Im dead
We've one more move in us. We want wooded property off the beaten path with a small home in the middle of it. Time will tell.
Thats what I have here but Im afraid time is running out on this county . Whatever you do , make sure the place youre going has no ability , desire or need for tourism .. thats the key
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I placed an order on Amazon for Nuri sardines, canned in Portugal. My favorite is packed in tomato sauce, give them a shot you won't regret it.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:06 pm I placed an order on Amazon for Nuri sardines, canned in Portugal. My favorite is packed in tomato sauce, give them a shot you won't regret it.
Those are delicious.

I just ate a can of another brand of Portuguese sardines in olive oil for dinner. They're so good. I had my sardines with saltines. I ate a whole can of sardines and a whole sleeve of saltines. Delish.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:06 pm I placed an order on Amazon for Nuri sardines, canned in Portugal. My favorite is packed in tomato sauce, give them a shot you won't regret it.
Thanks for that; I'm going to order some. Don't know if you've had them already but these are good too
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:12 pm
Those are delicious.

I just ate a can of another brand of Portuguese sardines in olive oil for dinner. They're so good. I had my sardines with saltines. I ate a whole can of sardines and a whole sleeve of saltines. Delish.
Sardines and saltines are one of my favorite snacks. I usually eat them plain but they're good with prepared horseradish or Dijon mustard on top too.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

fingall wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:36 pm
Thanks for that; I'm going to order some. Don't know if you've had them already but these are good too
I've had those and they are good. Their mackerel is good too.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:12 pm
Those are delicious.

Once you start you can't stop with the saltines. Sometimes I change it up with toast , butter with a lite smear of mayo and a squeeze of lemon. Great little sandwich.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

got a tin of , what Ill call meds ... and ... kippered . Dont think Ive had the kippered . What can I expect ? Its a big tin Image
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:33 pm
Lots of cheap land here in NE Texas (Trump Country). No sign of tourists and not a lot to see. Pretty country and friendly people. Land goes for roughly 3k/acre. Deer, hogs, moles, coyotes, and bears. But you can't shoot the bears.
God and Texas!