Boiled Peanuts...and Tinned Fish

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

When did this thread catch fire again?

You never know. What goes around comes around.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:01 pm
fingall wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 am
Chef Benny wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 am Image
I've never had them; what are they like (taste, texture, etc)? I don't feel like going back through the whole thing
You should start from the beginning. Make it a Friday night event, plan a smoke around it. Lol
lol. Give me good a tobacco(s) to pair with them, then I'll know whether or not to stay far away.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

fingall wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:06 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:01 pm
I've never had them; what are they like (taste, texture, etc)? I don't feel like going back through the whole thing
You should start from the beginning. Make it a Friday night event, plan a smoke around it. Lol
lol. Give me good a tobacco(s) to pair with them, then I'll know whether or not to stay far away.
Anything really goes with a boiled peanut. I won't go into further detail, you can find that content within this thread.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:03 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:29 pm
Canned boiled peanuts ..................................... SUCK

Im gonna pull over on the side of the road the next boiled peanut guy I see selling them and get the recipe . Canned boiled peanuts .. you people , I swear :)
Some of us are not as fortunate as you to have a boiled peanut vendor close by... I'll think of you tho tomorrow when I buy my Taylor Ham, egg and cheese on a kaiser roll.
oh .... you .... bastid :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:16 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:03 pm

Im gonna pull over on the side of the road the next boiled peanut guy I see selling them and get the recipe . Canned boiled peanuts .. you people , I swear :)
Some of us are not as fortunate as you to have a boiled peanut vendor close by... I'll think of you tho tomorrow when I buy my Taylor Ham, egg and cheese on a kaiser roll.
oh .... you .... bastid :lol:
It could be worse. You can't get a beef on Weck in Texas. Or even Kimmelweck rolls.
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Sometimes a guy just wants a couple of peanuts.

I wouldn't stuff my pockets full of boiled peanuts, though. That's why the bars that only have boiled peanuts are smart. It keeps overhead low.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Bamarick

IF you manage to get the recipe please post it. I've never been able to convince a real peanut boiler that I'm not out to run him out of business. I boil my own peanuts, but they're nothing like what I've bought from the roadside stands in N Georgia.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Bamarick wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:30 am

IF you manage to get the recipe please post it. I've never been able to convince a real peanut boiler that I'm not out to run him out of business. I boil my own peanuts, but they're nothing like what I've bought from the roadside stands in N Georgia.
It's really complicated. Looks like the only variables are the amount of salt and the boiling time.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17551 ... e=smsshare
God and Texas!
Bamarick

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:55 am
Bamarick wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:30 am

It's really complicated. Looks like the only variables are the amount of salt and the boiling time.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17551 ... e=smsshare
Oh but there are many more variables. Spices, cooking vessels and heat sources. I've used a pressure cooker, fish fryer and a crockpot and still I can't make them as good as the pros. There is, or at least was, a fellow on the northside of Helen GA that sells boiled peanuts and his will make you want to kiss him.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

They are awesome! Pnuts . Net ... they are amazing in a salad ..texture .. almost like edamame or like a chickpea. Good company.
:awesome:
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.