What's For Lunch?

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:27 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:16 pm I asked for a grilled cheese with bacon and was given this instead. :evil:
I'd take that any day! Pass the gabagool
It's "healthy" sort of, but not what I wanted after she asked me what I wanted. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

The time was "lunch", but the meal was what we've always called "Sunday Dinner"- Roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, and salad veg plate. Good cumpny, too...Dear Sweetie and I at with the Old Folks.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:54 pm The time was "lunch", but the meal was what we've always called "Sunday Dinner"- Roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, and salad veg plate. Good cumpny, too...Dear Sweetie and I at with the Old Folks.
Nice! A classic Sunday Dinner..
The Troll Whisperer
Try Cob

Red chili peppers fresh from the garden, chopped for Mexican cornbread, add some real heat to a lunch of white beans cooked with a little lean pork roast added (we keep the meat separate for BBQ pork option). Christine won't eat the cornbread - much too hot. She says she won't eat anything that burns her fingers when she chops it. I eat them raw - just take a bite - with some dishes, though it can be a bit painful. Iced tea helps. Today, the chef also fried some fresh okra, and she's good at it.

My portions are small - very small. I usually have two meals a day, rarely three. Breakfast this summer is almost always a tomato sandwich - I never tire of them. No salt added, other than what is in a thin smear of Hellmann's.

Our okra grew ten feet high this year, and the fruit is huge, yet tender. Unusual combination, in my experience.
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I had a chicken leg quarter off the smoker and cole slaw.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Today was Liverwurst on rye with mustard.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I had leftover roast beef and an avocado.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Tomato-Basil pizza.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Spaghetti topped with Dear Sweetie's homemade spicy red sauce, washed down with red moscato. Crusty bread sopped up the remaining sauce in the dish.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Enjoying some adobo fried rice with crispy pork belly, fresh tomatoes, mango and green onion.. Delish!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.