What's For Lunch?

Riff89

I had some leftover pad Thai and a banana. I think the pad Thai was better after a couple days in the fridge
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:44 pm I had a chicken leg quarter and an avocado for lunch today.
Are you on a diet too? Never worked for Friar Tuck. I wish you better luck if you are.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:08 pm II Tony's, that's where I want to go. http://www.two-tonys.com

Creole Italian. Old School. Regina is the bartender/waitress during the day. They have good lasagna.

When I was a kid, my grandmother's lasagna was my favorite food. It was made from everything you could find on a supermarket shelf but it had an extra ingredient----it was made by my grandmother. There was no such thing as fresh basil at the A&P in those days.

Yeah. I need to go to II Tony's. It's pronounced Two Tony's, but it's spelled in old school Italian, with Roman numerals. The old ways are best and this restaurant keeps the local Italian Creole traditions alive. Businessmen meet their for power lunches.

A nice slice of rich and saucy lasagna is in my lunch future. A good lunch in a good restaurant with good company. A good day is made up of layers, the way a good lasagna is. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Sounds great. We have a couple of decent Italian restaurants around here but nothing really special. Several people are trying to open restaurants but they can't get anyone to work in them.
God and Texas!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Lostdog5152 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:45 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:44 pm I had a chicken leg quarter and an avocado for lunch today.
Are you on a diet too? Never worked for Friar Tuck. I wish you better luck if you are.
I have been on a keto diet since 2016. This is pretty standard fare for me. I did all the weight loss in the first two and a half years. It is just maintenance now.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:57 pm
Lostdog5152 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:45 pm
I have been on a keto diet since 2016. This is pretty standard fare for me. I did all the weight loss in the first two and a half years. It is just maintenance now.
I don't think my wife has ever heard of maintenance. Pray for me that she never does.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Lostdog5152 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:00 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:57 pm
Lostdog5152 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:45 pm Are you on a diet too? Never worked for Friar Tuck. I wish you better luck if you are.
I don't think my wife has ever heard of maintenance. Pray for me that she never does.
I have to say, the keto diet works well for me. You can have bacon and eggs for breakfast every day and hearty portions of meat. My cholesterol (paradoxically) dropped low enough that my doctor took me off my statin.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

Today's lunch was leftover homemade Corned Beef Hash & a Boiled Egg, water to drink.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I've never seen this movie.

I don't think I missed much.

It's making me hungry for a trip to BK, though.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Grilled Squid, Pompano Fish, Pork Belly, & Eggplant, Tomatoes, Mangoes, served with Spiced Vinegar and Fluffy Jasmine rice.
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mmmm... Squid. Yes please!!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom