Pie, Pie, Pie

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

fingall wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:46 am What about the wonderful, oft misunderstood, shoo fly pie?
I haven't had that since I was a kid, but I recall liking it. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

[mention]CoreyR[/mention], that's just too wonderful! :lol: What a great story! And it's about pie! Man...I'm not sure it could be any better.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Dear Sweetie makes a pumpkin pie that's out of this world. Then, once a year at Christmas, she makes a couple of buttermilk pies. Hoooocheeemama! :bow: I do love a good piece o' pie, but I confess a love for a good slice o' certain kinds of cake, too. :thumbs:
CoreyR
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:20 pm [mention]CoreyR[/mention], that's just too wonderful! :lol: What a great story! And it's about pie! Man...I'm not sure it could be any better.
When I saw the "pie thread" I had to relate my "pie tale!" LOL
I was just in my freezer and had to unload pies so I could get to anything. Then load them back in! Sheesh!
Why couldn't H&H or, better yet, MacBaren (Presbyterian!) send me a "sample" of some pipe tobacco and screw up by sending me a truck load????? :clap:
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Cherry with a scoop of lemon custard on top
raisin a close second
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

sisyphus wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:44 pm raisin a close second
I had never heard of this particular pie, and so I started looking at recipes.. man that sounds good. I gotta start making a list for my wife. So far I have Buttermilk and Raisin added. I might need to dig into Grandma's cook book to find the Shoofly pie recipe too :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

CoreyR wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:28 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:20 pm [mention]CoreyR[/mention], that's just too wonderful! :lol: What a great story! And it's about pie! Man...I'm not sure it could be any better.
When I saw the "pie thread" I had to relate my "pie tale!" LOL
I was just in my freezer and had to unload pies so I could get to anything. Then load them back in! Sheesh!
Why couldn't H&H or, better yet, MacBaren (Presbyterian!) send me a "sample" of some pipe tobacco and screw up by sending me a truck load????? :clap:
Now THAT would be somethin'! :D
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

The only pie I like is a pizza pie. Thin crust. Preferably with anchovies.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Oh yeah...butterscotch pie! That's a Maritime Canadian favorite that's pretty amazing, especially when still slightly warm.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:56 pm Thin crust. Preferably with anchovies.
You like anchovies? I love em! Mrs. Uhaha agrees. 👍🏻