Hot sauce

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 10:39 pm I forgot to add (and I'm glad I remembered because I need to place an order) for the guys who like a lot of flavor but not a ton of heat: Big Island Peppers Hawaiian pepper vinegar. It became a favorite of mine on a trip to the island. There's far more to it than just peppers and vinegar, it separates big time in the bottle so shake it up to get all the goodness. Now I'm off to place an order
Thanks Mr B!
I am finding that the older I get the less heat I can tolerate.
This post by mrpipster liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyRuffinogoldMikeDennison
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

sisyphus wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:57 pm just picked up three new ones, will report if any are fantastic
The top on looks like honey would come in it
This post by Ruffinogold liked by:
MikeDennison
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
Whistlebritches

I ran out of Texas Pete Friday and had eggs this morning with what little I had of Frank's.Went to the market.......no Texas Pete,you shitting me?Ended up buying a big bottle of Frank's.My crystal ball see's buffalo wings on the menu very soon
This post by Whistlebritches liked by:
MikeDennison
Riff89

I dig most hot sauces and it is definately my condiment of choice on just about everything I eat! I like them in the mid spice range nothing rediculous but not weak either! My current stock at home includes Sriracha, Tapatio, Cholula, El Yucateo, Tabasco, Louisiana, Gringo Bandito, and some Mimi’s Hittin’ the Sauce gonna get ya.
This post by Riff89 liked by:
MikeDennison
sisyphus
Aufseher

The Yellowbird Habanero Condiment is extra tasty and may end up replacing Yucateco green in my rotation. I need to eat more of it over the weekend, but 1st impression is excellent.
This post by sisyphus liked by (total 3):
WhistlebritchesMikeDennisonRuffinogold
Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain -Iowa state motto
Riff89

Had tacos for supper tonight and the yucateco is kicking in yowza gotta run!
This post by Riff89 liked by:
MikeDennison
sisyphus
Aufseher

Had the Matouk's Trinidad Scorpion this morning. Great flavor and indeed hotter than habanero with a burn that lingered an hour. Could be another keeper.
This post by sisyphus liked by (total 2):
Mr BeardsleyMikeDennison
sisyphus
Aufseher

Yellowbird Habanero Condiment has knocked Yucateco green right out of my kitchen. After a long relationship too.

Yellowbird is slightly less hot, but trumps Yucateco on flavor. The ingredients are all food, with nothing artificial or chemical. Its even cheaper with 19.8 oz bottles less than $8 on Amazon. I'm a convert, the stuff is great on everything.
Mr BeardsleyMikeDennison
sisyphus
Aufseher

a funny thing has happened during the recent hot sauce tryouts. Scorpion pepper is the new habanero. Initial tastings melted my face off, but I keep coming back to them over and over and oddly now almost wish they were even hotter. I just ordered a 6 pack of Heartbreaking Dawn's Cauterizer.
This post by sisyphus liked by:
MikeDennison
sisyphus
Aufseher

I've added two new and utterly indispensable sauces so I thought I'd add them here.

Matouk's Calypso sauce
this is the standard West Indies mustard base chock full of Scotch Bonnets. The difference here is the flavor and more heat. This stuff edges toward dangerously hot, but it is absolutely delicious. This replaces the Jamaican Scotch Bonnet sauce for me because it is money on eggs and chicken. It's not the first Trinidad hot sauce I've been impressed by. It makes me want to go there to see what their food culture is like.

Marie Sharp's Smokin' Maries
Smoked habanero sauce. Unlike Yucateco Black this one is still brick red in color, has way more heat than any habanero sauce I've ever used (with no added capsicum I might add), and smells like you walked into a BBQ shack. The smell makes you instantly hungry, and this sauce's mission on earth is to adorn pork. Best pork sauce EVER.
Mr BeardsleyMikeDennison