The Double Slice: The Art of Cool

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

When was the last time you ate a double slice?

Look at John Travolta nosh on that double slice in this clip around :36. That's real borough NYC street cred. You either have it or you don't.

If you want to tell me you can eat a double slice like that, with so much elegant nonchalance, you may as well tell me you can command a dancefloor in Brooklyn like Saturday Night Fever.

Remember when the guy fell off the bridge at the end of that movie. Don't be that guy.

I used to roll up my pizza slices to have more to bite into. I haven't had a slice of real New York street pie in 10, maybe fifteen years. I'm salivating.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
ncrobb
Founding Member

My uncle used to fold his pizza up as well. I never knew a “double slice” was a thing. I’d go for one but probably couldn’t pull it off like a young Travolta.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

NYC street pizza is the limit . They call me doubleshot Johnny
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

ncrobb wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:04 pm My uncle used to fold his pizza up as well. I never knew a “double slice” was a thing. I’d go for one but probably couldn’t pull it off like a young Travolta.
The fold is a common method of eating pizza, the double slice you can pull off in NY and NJ because of the thin crust. Now the double Sicilian is well worth the challenge.
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

The pizzeria I order from cuts their slices so large that a double slice would be a real challenge, as the fold is necessary to handle all the drippy goodness. OMG I wanna order a large pepperoni double cheese right NOW!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Jlando19

In my EMT-B class my instructor was this older gentleman who told us compressions during CPR should be done to the rhythm of this song. Staying Alive is a steady 103 bpm's. AHA guidelines are 100-120 bpm's. There were quite a few youngsters who had no clue who the Bee Gees were. 🤦‍♂️
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Jlando19 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:56 pm In my EMT-B class my instructor was this older gentleman who told us compressions during CPR should be done to the rhythm of this song. Staying Alive is a steady 103 bpm's. AHA guidelines are 100-120 bpm's. There were quite a few youngsters who had no clue who the Bee Gees were. 🤦‍♂️
I didn't read the article but there was a review in the WSJ today about an album of BeeGees songs sung as country music ballads by the likes of Dolly Parton and other country stars. I gave the newspaper to one of the girls but I'm sure you can find out about it online. I'm tempted.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:18 pm Image
Carnival season started on January 6. Happy Mardi Gras!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.