McRib. 'Nuff Said.

kschatey

Tsal wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:49 pm
kschatey wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:46 pm
Tsal wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:59 pm

Smart marketing would think to use two different pictures of fries considering the ingredients are different. Don't believe anything on the world wide web. Lol
Ha! Well, I've had McDonald's in several European countries and it is definitely better there. USA food standards allow makers to get away with A LOT of crap, which is not good.

However, Canola and Rapeseed are the same thing. Just sayin'.
(Note: If you take the route that in the USA canola = Monzanto GMO, then it likely is NOT the same as rapeseed oil in the EU.)
McDonald's was your choice over local food in Europe? I'm sure it is. I was just pointing out that their French fries don't taste like potatoes to me and here we are discussing the properties of cooking oils. Lol
Ha! No, not first choice, but I spent three months in Austria and had to try it and it was very different and quite good. Don't get me wrong, I love the Filet-O-Fish in the USA, but over there it was an actual filet of fish, not just a processed cod patty. I also tried McD's in Czech Republic during one of my weekend trips there because... well, had to, and I had just arrived and needed to eat FAST! ;)
Tsal
Forum Decorum

kschatey wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:28 pm
kschatey wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:46 pm

Ha! Well, I've had McDonald's in several European countries and it is definitely better there. USA food standards allow makers to get away with A LOT of crap, which is not good.

However, Canola and Rapeseed are the same thing. Just sayin'.
(Note: If you take the route that in the USA canola = Monzanto GMO, then it likely is NOT the same as rapeseed oil in the EU.)
McDonald's was your choice over local food in Europe? I'm sure it is. I was just pointing out that their French fries don't taste like potatoes to me and here we are discussing the properties of cooking oils. Lol
Ha! No, not first choice, but I spent three months in Austria and had to try it and it was very different and quite good. Don't get me wrong, I love the Filet-O-Fish in the USA, but over there it was an actual filet of fish, not just a processed cod patty. I also tried McD's in Czech Republic during one of my weekend trips there because... well, had to, and I had just arrived and needed to eat FAST! ;)
Well I'm glad you enjoyed your travels. I hope your not telling everyone over here inside of a McDonald's that Europe is far superior? People will think you're a snob. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I ate at Burger King in Spain, just so I could have a beer at Burger King. And it was the best damn Burger King I ever had.
YakinandBaccin

They’ll bring it back again. Even if no one buys it. If you take that as a metaphor for our current politics….I remain neutral 😜.
kschatey

Tsal wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:40 pm
Well I'm glad you enjoyed your travels. I hope your not telling everyone over here inside of a McDonald's that Europe is far superior? People will think you're a snob. :lol:
No, but actually have a friend that works at McD's corporate, so he gets all of my feedback... mostly as a joke. I do love the Filet-O-Fish though and need one once a month or so!
kschatey

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:26 pm I ate at Burger King in Spain, just so I could have a beer at Burger King. And it was the best damn Burger King I ever had.
Barely any Burger Kings left around here. Not sure how they have remained in business. I think they lost the new building war with McD's and Wendy's and that has hurt them.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

kschatey wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:58 am

No, but actually have a friend that works at McD's corporate, so he gets all of my feedback... mostly as a joke. I do love the Filet-O-Fish though and need one once a month or so!
Filet O Fish are good. That steamy bun and excessive amount of Tarter sauce and the yellow square.
The Troll Whisperer
kschatey

Tsal wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:50 am
Filet O Fish are good. That steamy bun and excessive amount of Tarter sauce and the yellow square.
Technically it's only HALF of a yellow square!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

kschatey wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:10 am

I stand corrected. Lol yellow rectangle?
The Troll Whisperer
kschatey

Tsal wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:31 am
kschatey wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:10 am
I stand corrected. Lol yellow rectangle?
I said that because it's only HALF a slice of cheese. Here is some info on that directly from McDonald's...

"You may be interested to know extensive customer research and testing was done to determine the way our customers prefer to have their cheese on the Filet-O-Fish sandwich. Interestingly enough, most of our customers preferred to have a one-half slice of cheese on their sandwiches. In fact, the Filet-O-Fish sandwich has contained one-half slice of cheese since we introduced the sandwich in 1963."