Tootsie Pop Poll

What is your favorite Tootsie Pop flavor?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Orange
29%
Cherry
13%
Chocolate
38%
Raspberry
13%
Grape
8%
Lemon
No votes

Total votes: 24
Whalehead King

$2.49 for a 10.125 oz mixed bag of Tootsie Pops. Who says we don't live in a wonderful world. That's 24.9 cents per ounce (according to the shelf tag---there's some rounding involved). 287 grams of Tootsie goodness for $2.49.

I pay 25 cents a pop when I buy them at the store, two at a time. I don't begrudge my neighborhood grocer their mark up. They're not getting rich off Tootsie Pops. If it were $2.50 apiece, then I'd take my Tootsie business elsewhere.

In the year 2525,
If man is still alive,
If woman can survive,
They may find
Tootsie pops costing two fifty-five.

[Note: same lyrics but this isn't the Zager and Evans version of this classic song. I prefer the updated dance remix. YMMV. They still cut the original verse about Tootsie Pops in the final release. Who knows why? Not dystopian enough, I guess.]

Orange marmalade is the least popular flavor for jelly. You may prefer to refer to it as jam. I'm not here to judge. Jelly/jam:tomato/tomahto.

Surprisingly, to me, at least, orange is turning out to be the top flavor in this scientific poll. Go Orange!!!! Somebody should contact Tootsie Tower to let them know that Orange is #1---but---wait---the poll isn't closed yet. There may be an upset coming up. Chocolate gets a lot of lip action but not enough votes. Will chocolate fans rally? Will raspberry come out of nowhere and take the brass ring?

If all there is is raspberry at the store, I walk away. I buy a box of Boston Baked Beans instead. Also 25 cents. Unlike Tootsie Pops, they don't come in various flavors and they are not peanut-free. It's a good thing I'm not allergic to peanuts.

Here's a chance to waste 3 and a half minutes of your life if you don't know what I'm talking about:

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:44 pm $2.49 for a 10.125 oz mixed bag of Tootsie Pops. Who says we don't live in a wonderful world. That's 24.9 cents per ounce (according to the shelf tag---there's some rounding involved). 287 grams of Tootsie goodness for $2.49.

I pay 25 cents a pop when I buy them at the store, two at a time. I don't begrudge my neighborhood grocer their mark up. They're not getting rich off Tootsie Pops. If it were $2.50 apiece, then I'd take my Tootsie business elsewhere.

Orange marmalade is the least popular flavor for jelly. You may prefer to refer to it as jam. I'm not here to judge. Jelly/jam:tomato/tomahto.

Surprisingly, to me, at least, orange is turning out to be the top flavor in this scientific poll. Go Orange!!!! Somebody should contact Tootsie Tower to let them know that Orange is #1---but---wait---the poll isn't closed yet. There may be an upset coming up. Chocolate gets a lot of lip action but not enough votes. Will chocolate fans rally? Will raspberry come out of nowhere and take the brass ring?

If all there is is raspberry at the store, I walk away. I buy a box of Boston Baked Beans instead. Also 25 cents. Unlike Tootsie Pops, they don't come in various flavors and they are not peanut-free. It's a good thing I'm not allergic to peanuts.
I really enjoy orange marmalade but, like Rattray's Exotic Orange, I never buy it. The boss only likes red plum jam and I only have so much room in the fridge. I can't be doubling up on essentially the same product. I never eat jam, jelly, or preserves anyway. YMMV.

I'd take a raspberry TP over a box of Boston Baked Beans any day unless I'm at the movies. I like "one at a time candies" at the movie house. That's a theater to you more urbane fellows. And I knew what you were talking about but I wasted 3 1/2 minutes anyway.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:13 pm I really enjoy orange marmalade but, like Rattray's Exotic Orange, I never buy it.
WHEN THREADS COLLIDE!!

Imagine a world that has survived nuclear winter. There is no fresh citrus fruit left on the planet. One man, with the help of his dog and a young girl, sets out on a quest to find the last remaining stockpiles of vitamin C and, so, save civilization. He breaks into an abandoned Piggly Wiggly and secures three palettes of orange marmalade for his family. Then, he travels to Scotland to capture a cache of Rattray's Exotic Orange from mutant vikings that have blockaded the harbor around Perth. It's a daring escape full of explosions on the high seas. When the community's citrus stockpiles are once again depleted, our man (played by Tom Cruise) heads off to where no one in his generation has ever gone. His goal is obvious in order to prevent scurvy among the last remaining band of humans in this post-apocalyptic world. He's going to capture the motherlode of all prizes: Pineapple Game Cigars!!!!!

The Final Lick. Appearing soon at a theater near you next spring, fall, or Christmas.

I haven't seen any pineapple Tootsie Pops. If I ever do, I'll be all over them like white on rice. --- Or I'll be all over them like yellow on a lemon. Or, yellow on a banana. Or, well, like hard orange candy around a soft Tootsie cocoa center. It only takes one lick, one lick that will spin you right round.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Im surprised there no blueberry ... or is there
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Joseph and I buy Boston baked beans at the gas station nearest our house . Its two miles from my driveway and its awesome its so close ... they have cigarillos too .. and cotton candy
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:25 pm Im surprised there no blueberry ... or is there
Like the bag says, "watch for new flavors" lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:02 pm
It's a daring escape full of explosions on the high seas. When the community's citrus stockpiles are once again depleted, our man (played by Tom Cruise) heads off to where no one in his generation has ever gone.
If it's a Tom Cruise movie I hope he gets the scurvy.
ever forward
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

It's only about 10:20 but I'm already enjoying a Tootsie Pop. Instead of anguishing over which flavor to choose, I just dipped into the bag and left it up to fate. Fate wanted me to have a cherry Tootsie Pop I guess. Really, you can't go wrong no matter which one you pull out. And, like Mr. Turtle in WK's garden, I ain't never made it without biting.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

I have three Tootsie Pops in the house, 2 lemon, 1 orange, but I didn't eat them today. Yesterday, when I was at Terranova's I bought a pack of Mentos, which I rarely do, for 99 cents a roll!!!

Then I bought something else that only cost me 25 cents, much more in my usual price range for a little afternoon sweet:

I don't think I'll be buying more when this box runs out. While they do have the "tropical wallboard" flavor and texture I so enjoy in Necco Wafers, they are no substitute for a Tootsie Pop.

New Orleans: still a land of candy cigarettes and licorice pipes...and Tootsie Pops galore!