Tootsie Pop Poll

What is your favorite Tootsie Pop flavor?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Orange
29%
Cherry
13%
Chocolate
38%
Raspberry
13%
Grape
8%
Lemon
No votes

Total votes: 24
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Orange is where it's at
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 5):
Kevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleFr_TomThelonious monkfishWhalehead King
This is my unique signature
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Orange is featured in the famous How Many Licks commercial. I can't ever remember seeing the long version before but I probably have...I just can't remember. Image

Notice the flavors represented at the end of the commercial. There are yellow and green Tootsie Pops. Hmm.

This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 5):
Bruyere_RoyaleMr BeardsleyFr_TomThelonious monkfishPreacher1611
9 Iron
Founding Member

Chocolate! Because what goes with a Principe Chocolate machine made cigar and a cup of strong black coffee? A chocolate Tootsie Pop of course! Nicotine, caffeine and sugar, chocolate, coffee and chocolate infused tobacco flavors, sweet, bitter and earthy; a trinity of yin/yang trinities that, as a whole, make for nirvana. The chocolate Toostie Pop is the key to bliss. Just ask the Indian.

We’re getting into the deep stuff here gents. I need to dust off my old college philosophy textbooks and see what Heroclitus and Plato had to say on the subject of Tootsie pops. Being, becoming, and knowing you’ve arrived when you reach the delicious chocolatey center of a Tootsie Pop.
This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 6):
Kevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleFr_TomThelonious monkfishPreacher1611MikeDennison
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

9 Iron wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:02 am
Chocolate! Because what goes with a Principe Chocolate machine made cigar and a cup of strong black coffee? A chocolate Tootsie Pop of course! Nicotine, caffeine and sugar, chocolate, coffee and chocolate infused tobacco flavors, sweet, bitter and earthy; a trinity of yin/yang trinities that, as a whole, make for nirvana. The chocolate Toostie Pop is the key to bliss. Just ask the Indian.

You know, I believe you're on to something there.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 3):
9 IronFr_TomThelonious monkfish
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I'm at Walmart this morning and I'm gonna buy two packages of TP. No, not toilet paper, Tootsie Pops. Looky here:
Exciting, right? "Watch for new flavors"..the bag teases me by having two lemon TPs front and center. Or are they banana? I can't tell because the wrapper is twisted on the stick so I can't read the flavor. My money is on lemon, since that's the hot ticket in New Orleans and we always take their lead. Smart. I'll be back later.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 8):
9 IronncrobbBruyere_RoyaleWhalehead KingFr_TomThelonious monkfishPreacher1611MikeDennison
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

They were lemon and they are mighty tasty. No way it displaces orange though. But it's right up there, either between chocolate and raspberry or raspberry and grape. I can't decide so I'll just leave it there.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 3):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomThelonious monkfish
Whistlebritches

Cherries and chocolate were made for each other...........CHERRY!!!
This post by Whistlebritches liked by (total 5):
Kevin KeithBruyere_RoyalemrpipsterFr_TomThelonious monkfish
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

I've just opened two tootsie pops for my kids. The orange wrapper has the Indian shooting the star! Imma send it in!
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
Whalehead KingFr_TomThelonious monkfish
Tsal...Mover' of things... 🎳
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:29 am
I'm at Walmart this morning and I'm gonna buy two packages of TP. No, not toilet paper, Tootsie Pops. Looky here:
Exciting, right? "Watch for new flavors"..the bag teases me by having two lemon TPs front and center. Or are they banana? I can't tell because the wrapper is twisted on the stick so I can't read the flavor. My money is on lemon, since that's the hot ticket in New Orleans and we always take their lead. Smart. I'll be back later.
You shoulda got a bag of the flavored tootsie rolls!
Tsal...Mover' of things... 🎳
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

Orange has always been my favorite.

Recently, I discovered the lemon and I will need to sample some more to determine if it will take the top spot for me.
This post by Islayphile liked by (total 3):
Whalehead KingBruyere_RoyaleThelonious monkfish