The PSF White Bread Thread

Whalehead King

I drive past the Blue Plate mayonnaise factory every day. I've never tried Blue Plate mayonnaise. I'm from up north and the factory has been turned into artists' apartments.

Whalehead King

I'm writing an article about Bunny Bread and over the course of my research I happened on their website. Maybe a few of you would like to read a bedtime story about New Orleans' most cloud-like loaf of bread. Here's the link: https://bunnybread.net/kids-corner/storytime

Sweet starchy dreams..... :P
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bunny Was Bored is easily the best.

"So take some advice from Bunny.
When you're looking for something to do,
helping others not only makes them smile.
It makes you happy too..."
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

I've always wanted to make an Elvis sandwich but never have, it looks pretty weird on paper but a LOT of people love em'! Sweet, salty and savory all in one sammich! ;)
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13804 ... -sandwich/
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

oldbill wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:37 pm I've always wanted to make an Elvis sandwich but never have, it looks pretty weird on paper but a LOT of people love em'! Sweet, salty and savory all in one sammich! ;)
I've made them a few times, and they are truly amazing. You should make one ASAP. Maybe chase it with some Lipitor and a couple beta-blockers.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:04 pm
oldbill wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:37 pm I've always wanted to make an Elvis sandwich but never have, it looks pretty weird on paper but a LOT of people love em'! Sweet, salty and savory all in one sammich! ;)
I've made them a few times, and they are truly amazing. You should make one ASAP. Maybe chase it with some Lipitor and a couple beta-blockers.
:lol: Yeah some say that this thing contributed to the "King's" demise! :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Whalehead King

You want a stronger body, dontcha?

Two slices of Wonder Bread has as much iron as three lamb chops. Count 'em: three. They don't advertise that anymore.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:55 pm You want a stronger body, dontcha?

Two slices of Wonder Bread has as much iron as three lamb chops. Count 'em: three. They don't advertise that anymore.
I will be away from keyboard while I run to the store! I wonder of the formula has changed since 1952?
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:08 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:55 pm You want a stronger body, dontcha?

I will be away from keyboard while I run to the store! I wonder of the formula has changed since 1952?
As much Niacin for mental health as 6 sardines!!!!! I love to eat canned sardines. Mrs. King loves it less when I eat them. "Why does the house smell like fish?"

A sardine sandwich on white bread?!!?!?!!! A dab of mustard and we're talking about two slices of heaven with paradise in between. Run, don't walk, to your nearest grocery store.
Whalehead King

Did somebody say Texas toast?

Spotted during a recent visit to Restaurant Depot:

Man, I bet that's great on the grill!