Smooth
39%
Either...I just love peanut butter!
56%

Total votes: 18
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:56 pm

When I am old and all my teeth have fallen out of my head, I'll have time for creamy peanut butter. Until then, make mine chunky. I like something to chew on----like the conversations I find here on PSF.

Here's a fun fact for you: My favorite vegetable is celery. I've never had peanut butter and celery though I know plenty of people like it. I never have and I never will. I like my celery straight.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 3):
houtenzielKevin KeithThelonious monkfish
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:31 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
When I am old and all my teeth have fallen out of my head, I'll have time for creamy peanut butter. Until then, make mine chunky. I like something to chew on----like the conversations I find here on PSF.

Here's a fun fact for you: My favorite vegetable is celery. I've never had peanut butter and celery though I know plenty of people like it. I never have and I never will. I like my celery straight.
I love peanut butter on celery! Fantastic snacking, I'll tell you. And peanut butter on apple slices. Yum. For those two snacks I prefer smooth. Know what else is good on celery? Pimento cheese...just great!
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 5):
Whalehead KingMr BeardsleyFr_TomMikeDennisonThelonious monkfish
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:57 pm

Kevin Keith wrote:
Whalehead King wrote:

I love peanut butter on celery! Fantastic snacking, I'll tell you. And peanut butter on apple slices. Yum. For those two snacks I prefer smooth. Know what else is good on celery? Pimento cheese...just great!
This is one of the rare issues, my friend, on which we will have to agree to disagree. Remember, I'm from Connecticut. I've never understood the appeal of pimento cheese, which should be the subject of another, future poll.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 4):
Kevin KeithFr_TomMikeDennisonThelonious monkfish
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 pm

vwdeano wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:54 am
Crunchy, and if I'm feelin' froggy, a schmear of crunchy and then a schmear of nutella combined, on good toast... oh my...
Good toast is the key.

Disregard the PSF White Bread Thread when trying to determine what bread will make for good toast. ;)
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomMikeDennisonThelonious monkfish
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:57 pm
Kevin Keith wrote:
Whalehead King wrote:

This is one of the rare issues, my friend, on which we will have to agree to disagree. Remember, I'm from Connecticut. I've never understood the appeal of pimento cheese, which should be the subject of another, future poll.
Let's just jump off topic for a second and then go right back. Check out this blog and the photo...celery and pimento cheese. In NOLA! YUMMMMM https://www.nola.com/food/index.ssf/201 ... judys.html

OK, peanut butter. Aaaaand we're back!
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 5):
houtenzielWhalehead KingFr_TomMikeDennisonThelonious monkfish
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Kevin Keith wrote:
Whalehead King wrote:

Yes and yes on the celery and apples with peanut butter. I haven't had pimento cheese in close to 20 years, so I can't comment on that
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 4):
Fr_TomhoutenzielMikeDennisonThelonious monkfish
This is my unique signature
MikeDennison

Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:40 am
There should be a third option for YES because it's peanut butter and either option is amazing. I voted smooth because that's normally what I buy just out of habit
I'm with Mr. Beardsley. I wish there was a "yes" button, because I'll just take peanut butter. Smooth or crunchy? Yes. :thumbs:
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 2):
Mr BeardsleyThelonious monkfish
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
There should be a third option for YES because it's peanut butter and either option is amazing. I voted smooth because that's normally what I buy just out of habit
You asked for it, you got it!
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyMikeDennisonThelonious monkfish
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Kevin Keith wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:10 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
You asked for it, you got it!
My hero
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 4):
Kevin KeithWhalehead KingMikeDennisonThelonious monkfish
This is my unique signature
houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:22 pm

On the topic of crunch vs smooth vs both, peanut butter lovers are pretty easy going folk. Even if you prefer smooth, most will eat either - including myself.
Now if you want to see some passion, you should see the all out brawls my Midwestern family gets into over Mayo vs Miracle Whip. I swear that at one of our family reunions it almost came to blows. In the spirit of my side of the family, I believe Miracle Whip is an atrocity of the most sinister kind, and anyone who uses it on a sandwich should be dealt with severely. :D
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonMr BeardsleyThelonious monkfish