What's for Breakfast?

Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:01 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:42 pm This is a pretty common breakfast for me. Prosciutto, hard boiled eggs, avocado. Cottage cheese, with watermelon, nuts, a few chunks of chocolate. There are some greens under all the Prosciutto. Slather everything in MCT oil. Call it good.
I have that very same table from Pier One, but in red. They're out of business, now, I understand.
The table came with the lady not sure. Hahaha. I'll look into it now though.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Middle Earth wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:15 am
Jlando19 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:16 am He has his own podcast. Aptly named "jocko podcast." Yeah real intense guy I can only hope to be that scary someday. Haha
I have him and another Opetator in my YouTube Subscriptions

I actually do have a breakfast of sorts
A cup of coffee which keeps my fast going with zero hunger. and does not break the fast.

Pushing into my 60s I had to make some changes. Should have made the changes long ago, but really it is almost never too late from what I have seen.

After 8 to 12 hours into the fasting period your body runs out of glucose/liver glycogen.
Many/most go into ketosis at that point. This seems to allow cellular and cognitive regeneration and promotes the burning of fat. You can get similar results with a good diet and no fasting, but it works for me.

[mention]Jlando19[/mention] appears to be full-on keto and very physically active.
I am whole food/plant based and active
Both seem to work well

There are potential health benefits
In addition to enhancing weight loss, 16/8 intermittent fasting is also believed to improve blood sugar control, boost brain function and enhance longevity.

But you need to carefully watch your macro nutrients, especially getting enough protein to avoid muscle loss.

For me personally, I have lost a lot of weight and my blood pressure went from 132/85 to 116/62 in six months. I am astounded at that. Want to get below 110 systolic. Getting there.

My triglycerides went way down as did my bad LDL cholesterol which is way down.
Fantastic results for me. Want to get LDL down to 85, or less. Getting there.

I asked my doctor at my last physical about my blood work and the positive physucal changes:
"Could any prescription medication lower my blood pressure like that?"
"No"
"Could any medication lower my cholesterol like that?"
"No"

"Then why don't most doctors just recommend diet and exercise and avoid prescriptions like statins, ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, etc ?"

"They should"

To his credit, my doctor has always encouraged me in this non-prescription journey.
I've got an appointment with my Primary Care doctor next week and I want to talk to him about my blood pressure and diet. I am slightly younger than you are. I have been doing some light bodybuilding and increasing protein with less fat and carbs, losing weight while building muscle, and I also go for lengths of time without eating that alarms people----like skipping lunch! My doctor and I are going to talk about his recommendations. He trained in India, of all places. I don't want to go all-in keto because I don't have the attention span to pay stick to any program, but, I do thinks that watching my macro nutrients and eating appropriately is important. Knocking around my house doing exercises and not eating out during the pandemic has taught me this.

That said, though I don't have a sweet tooth, I like Butterfinger candy bars. 250 calories of pure sugar per bar. I like the texture and how the "peanut butter" sticks in my teeth---creating a whole other dental problem! I restrict my Butterfinger intake to whenever my wife brings one home for me and she's forbidden to do it anymore because I can't help myself if there is one in the house.

I'd be happy to have a Butterfinger for breakfast if one happened to be around.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:17 pm
Middle Earth wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:15 am
Jlando19 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:16 am He has his own podcast. Aptly named "jocko podcast." Yeah real intense guy I can only hope to be that scary someday. Haha
I have him and another Opetator in my YouTube Subscriptions

I actually do have a breakfast of sorts
A cup of coffee which keeps my fast going with zero hunger. and does not break the fast.

Pushing into my 60s I had to make some changes. Should have made the changes long ago, but really it is almost never too late from what I have seen.

After 8 to 12 hours into the fasting period your body runs out of glucose/liver glycogen.
Many/most go into ketosis at that point. This seems to allow cellular and cognitive regeneration and promotes the burning of fat. You can get similar results with a good diet and no fasting, but it works for me.

[mention]Jlando19[/mention] appears to be full-on keto and very physically active.
I am whole food/plant based and active
Both seem to work well

There are potential health benefits
In addition to enhancing weight loss, 16/8 intermittent fasting is also believed to improve blood sugar control, boost brain function and enhance longevity.

But you need to carefully watch your macro nutrients, especially getting enough protein to avoid muscle loss.

For me personally, I have lost a lot of weight and my blood pressure went from 132/85 to 116/62 in six months. I am astounded at that. Want to get below 110 systolic. Getting there.

My triglycerides went way down as did my bad LDL cholesterol which is way down.
Fantastic results for me. Want to get LDL down to 85, or less. Getting there.

I asked my doctor at my last physical about my blood work and the positive physucal changes:
"Could any prescription medication lower my blood pressure like that?"
"No"
"Could any medication lower my cholesterol like that?"
"No"

"Then why don't most doctors just recommend diet and exercise and avoid prescriptions like statins, ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, etc ?"

"They should"

To his credit, my doctor has always encouraged me in this non-prescription journey.
I've got an appointment with my Primary Care doctor next week and I want to talk to him about my blood pressure and diet. I am slightly younger than you are. I have been doing some light bodybuilding and increasing protein with less fat and carbs, losing weight while building muscle, and I also go for lengths of time without eating that alarms people----like skipping lunch! My doctor and I are going to talk about his recommendations. He trained in India, of all places. I don't want to go all-in keto because I don't have the attention span to pay stick to any program, but, I do thinks that watching my macro nutrients and eating appropriately is important. Knocking around my house doing exercises and not eating out during the pandemic has taught me this.

That said, though I don't have a sweet tooth, I like Butterfinger candy bars. 250 calories of pure sugar per bar. I like the texture and how the "peanut butter" sticks in my teeth---creating a whole other dental problem! I restrict my Butterfinger intake to whenever my wife brings one home for me and she's forbidden to do it anymore because I can't help myself if there is one in the house.

I'd be happy to have a Butterfinger for breakfast if one happened to be around.
I really want a butterfinger now. Well there's my early afternoon excuse to get on my bike and go for a ride. I think the best butterfingers are all the way on the other side of town! Haha.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Just inhaled a fried egg sandwich on a kaiser with country ham, onions and peppers, salt, pepper and ketchup.
The Troll Whisperer
sisyphus
Person of Interest

yesterday did waffles on grandma's cast iron waffle maker, with eggs and bacon

today it's my favorite easy breakfast, pita and hummus, extra garlic-y
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Two donuts and a cuppa coffee.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Two fried eggs, bacon, turkey sausage...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:03 am Just inhaled a fried egg sandwich on a kaiser with country ham, onions and peppers, salt, pepper and ketchup.
Butter on the kaiser.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mongolian breakfast.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I'm glad I don't have to eat breakfast in a Russian prison.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.