What's for Breakfast?

oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:20 am A couple of slices of Wright's hickory smoked bacon rolled up in a tortilla with some Colby jack.
You eat like I do! :D This morning I was too lazy to cook, so went to Sonic and got myself an ultimate meat and cheese breakfast burrito and an or order of cheddar peppers on the side. ;) Ain't got no pics cuz I done et it! :P
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:25 am Chicory coffee with heavy whipping cream, fried eggs, bacon, sardines, mozzarella cheese
🤔
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:54 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:25 am Chicory coffee with heavy whipping cream, fried eggs, bacon, sardines, mozzarella cheese
🤔
I was kinda thinking that was an eclectic mix of proteins myself. Any chance you are on a Ketogenic diet, Fr_tom?
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

houtenziel wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:29 pm
🤔
I was kinda thinking that was an eclectic mix of proteins myself. Any chance you are on a Ketogenic diet, Fr_tom?
I had chicory coffee and a cold slice of leftover gyro pizza made to my specifications the night before: thin crust, tomato sauce, sliced grape tomatoes, olives, mozzarella and feta cheeses, parsley, onion, gyro meat, and, at my request, anchovies.

I was talking with my nephews this week about how much I love anchovies on a pizza. "Yeah, Uncle Whalehead, but you eat sardines from a can, too! You love canned fish on anything!" Yes. Yes, I do. I makes me happy that Fr. Tom likes sardines, too. I like to think Fr. Tom and I have some things in common when it comes to breakfast: chicory coffee and canned fish.

There is more than one perfect way to start the day. :thumbs:
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Does breakfast for supper count? If it does, I had fried eggs, Jimmy Dean spicy sausage, cheesy grits, fried bologna, toast, and cheddar. All washed down with great cups of hot, milky tea.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

🤔
Yes - I have been on one since October, 2016.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:54 pm Does breakfast for supper count? If it does, I had fried eggs, Jimmy Dean spicy sausage, cheesy grits, fried bologna, toast, and cheddar. All washed down with great cups of hot, milky tea.
That absolutely counts. Come to find out, grits are a touchy subject around my house. Have you ever had savory, creamy grits? I use chicken stock instead of water and about 2/3 of the way through the cook add some cream or half & half and butter. Once that's all done the cheese can get stirred in. I love it. The missus won't touch them since she's way traditional about her grits :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:31 pm
🤔
I had chicory coffee and a cold slice of leftover gyro pizza made to my specifications the night before: thin crust, tomato sauce, sliced grape tomatoes, olives, mozzarella and feta cheeses, parsley, onion, gyro meat, and, at my request, anchovies.

I was talking with my nephews this week about how much I love anchovies on a pizza. "Yeah, Uncle Whalehead, but you eat sardines from a can, too! You love canned fish on anything!" Yes. Yes, I do. I makes me happy that Fr. Tom likes sardines, too. I like to think Fr. Tom and I have some things in common when it comes to breakfast: chicory coffee and canned fish.

There is more than one perfect way to start the day. :thumbs:
I am more fond of canned fish that the average person. I do know that.

I acquired the taste for chicory coffee when we lived in Louisiana. I went looking for it a couple of months ago, and discovered I can order it from Walmart at a reasonable price and it is shipped to my door for free.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:54 pm
I am more fond of canned fish that the average person. I do know that.
The average person doesn't know what he or she is missing. ;)
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:52 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:54 pm Does breakfast for supper count? If it does, I had fried eggs, Jimmy Dean spicy sausage, cheesy grits, fried bologna, toast, and cheddar. All washed down with great cups of hot, milky tea.
That absolutely counts. Come to find out, grits are a touchy subject around my house. Have you ever had savory, creamy grits? I use chicken stock instead of water and about 2/3 of the way through the cook add some cream or half & half and butter. Once that's all done the cheese can get stirred in. I love it. The missus won't touch them since she's way traditional about her grits :lol:
Never tried that! But man, I'm gonna be!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-