What's for Breakfast?

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I had three scrambled eggs with bacon.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:08 pm I had three scrambled eggs with bacon.
Life is good. It's a scrambled-egg-and-bacon-a-thon here all of a sudden. I need to jump on board. I had a Slim Jim and a bottle of Pamplemouse LaCroix water to jump start my day. No wonder I'm feeling tired. I should have had a better breakfast. Instead, I am hankering for a hunk of cheese.

I know in my head that Paul Lynde wasn't Timer, but I hear Paul Lynde's voice when I sing this song in my head, which I do more often than I would like to admit. Blame the 1970s Saturday morning TV programming.

Mrs. B bought a lot of eggs today, so there must be something in the air. I almost bought some bacon today. I'm going to do it tomorrow.
Last edited by Citizen B on Sun May 23, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Today we had Taylor Ham and cheese on Kaiser Rolls.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:56 pm Today we had Taylor Ham and cheese on Kaiser Rolls.
For breakfast?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Citizen B wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:55 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:08 pm I had three scrambled eggs with bacon.
Life is good. It's a scrambled-egg-and-bacon-a-thon here all of a sudden. I need to jump on board. I had a Slim Jim and a bottle of Pamplemouse LaCroix water to jump start my day. No wonder I'm feeling tired. I should have had a better breakfast. Instead, I am hankering for a hunk of cheese.

I know in my head that Paul Lynde wasn't Timer, but I hear Paul Lynde's voice when I sing this song in my head, which I do more often than I would like to admit. Blame the 1970s Saturday morning TV programming.

Mrs. B bought a lot of eggs today, so there must be something in the air. I almost bought some bacon today. I'm going to do it tomorrow.
There is nothing wrong with a cheese snack!

This is a breakfast I have a lot. Sometimes the eggs are fried. Sometimes there are two eggs and sausage AND bacon. I am a morning guy and am typically pretty busy in the mornings. I have to have something that will carry me over to a late lunch.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Growing up my mother always made me poached eggs on buttered toast open faced. I think I'm going to start eating my eggs like that again when I make them. I've been craving Marmite so maybe I'll use that in place of butter.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

A triple decker egg salad BLT on white toast with Dijonnaise and a half sour pickle.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:59 am A triple decker egg salad BLT on white toast with Dijonnaise and a half sour pickle.
Would you call that an egg salad club sandwich or am I imaging what this looked like wrong?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:31 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:59 am A triple decker egg salad BLT on white toast with Dijonnaise and a half sour pickle.
Would you call that an egg salad club sandwich or am I imaging what this looked like wrong?
I guess you can call it that. It was a great sandwich to say the least.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:11 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:31 pm
I guess you can call it that. It was a great sandwich to say the least.
Being cut into triangles held together with a long toothpick with frilly cellophane on the end makes it a true club sandwich. I'm talking lunch counter or diner quality. Was it like that? Were you in a truck stop or at Wawa?

I love a tuna club. The last time I ate one I was in New Jersey. It was so good....
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.