I Am a Dunker

oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Just happen to think... I haven't had a good french dip sandwich in a while, possibly the Mother of all dunks! ;)
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
avid

oldbill wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:00 pm Just happen to think... I haven't had a good french dip sandwich in a while, possibly the Mother of all dunks! ;)
there ya go all savory on us...thread over LOL
insufferable filter guy
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

ncrobb wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 am Another life long dunker here. “Absorption Rate” - the engineer in me loves this concept.

As far as a combo goes a classic in the South is Nilla Wafers in coffee. My all time favorite is pound cake in coffee but ya gotta move quick. The pound cake has a high absorption rate and will quickly saturate resulting in sediment in the bottom of your coffee cup.
Sediment is always a concern. A certain amount is expected but it can easily get out of hand. Leave that ginger snap in the milk to long and it will just disintegrate. Nothing worse than losing half your cookie to the bottom of the glass.
ever forward
avid

arturo7 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:37 pm
ncrobb wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 am Another life long dunker here. “Absorption Rate” - the engineer in me loves this concept.

As far as a combo goes a classic in the South is Nilla Wafers in coffee. My all time favorite is pound cake in coffee but ya gotta move quick. The pound cake has a high absorption rate and will quickly saturate resulting in sediment in the bottom of your coffee cup.
Sediment is always a concern. A certain amount is expected but it can easily get out of hand. Leave that ginger snap in the milk to long and it will just disintegrate. Nothing worse than losing half your cookie to the bottom of the glass.
so true
insufferable filter guy
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

arturo7 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:37 pm
ncrobb wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:03 am
Very true! The danger zone with ginger snap dunking widens exponentially when dunking in hot tea. It's quite an art...timing the dunk just right to get maximum soakage while maintaining structural integrity, and then moving the snap quickly to your mouth before it drops onto your shirt in a sodden mass.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Bamarick

I like sandwich Cookies such as Oreos and here's the perfect tool to dunk them while keeping your fingers from getting messy.

American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!