What's For Supper?

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

It doesn't look great but the boys dig it ..

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I would like to go here for dinner tonight: http://lileks.com/rest/exteriors/4.html
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

Citizen B wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:35 pm I would like to go here for dinner tonight: http://lileks.com/rest/exteriors/4.html
Looks like a great place! I bet they have a great dessert cooler full of stuff that I shouldn’t eat but would devour. I’d probably order the meatloaf special first. Zips diner had a decent meatloaf special.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Riff89 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:45 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:35 pm I would like to go here for dinner tonight: http://lileks.com/rest/exteriors/4.html
Looks like a great place! I bet they have a great dessert cooler full of stuff that I shouldn’t eat but would devour. I’d probably order the meatloaf special first. Zips diner had a decent meatloaf special.
Are you talking about the Zip's Diner in Connecticut?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

Citizen B wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:48 pm
That’s the one. I’ve ate there a lot... breakfast every day Monday-Friday and dinner a lot of evenings as well for a couple of summers.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Riff89 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:53 pm

That’s the one. I’ve ate there a lot... breakfast every day Monday-Friday and dinner a lot of evenings as well for a couple of summers.
I forget what town it's in, maybe Vernon. It's in what we call the Quiet Corner of Connecticut. I ate there twice. Good food and good service. The first time I ate there it was in the middle of nowhere. The second time I ate there there were shopping centers across the street.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

Citizen B wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:38 pm
Riff89 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:53 pm

I forget what town it's in, maybe Vernon. It's in what we call the Quiet Corner of Connecticut. I ate there twice. Good food and good service. The first time I ate there it was in the middle of nowhere. The second time I ate there there were shopping centers across the street.
I’m a sucker for a good diner! It’s a pretty happening place now. There is also a good Mexican restaurant Right behind zips. I enjoy working in Connecticut especially the quiet corners and places with oddball things to see.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I miss Greek owned diners. A rarity in this part of NY state. What locals call diners, my wife and I call restaurants or cafes or eateries. Nothing like we grew up with and nothing like eating a stack of pancakes under the glow of chrome and neon!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Riff89

Wildcat wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:05 pm I miss Greek owned diners. A rarity in this part of NY state. What locals call diners, my wife and I call restaurants or cafes or eateries. Nothing like we grew up with and nothing like eating a stack of pancakes under the glow of chrome and neon!
The Greeks up my way all own pizza shops. More specifically house of pizza. It feels like every town has a house of pizza.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Riff89 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:14 pm
Wildcat wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:05 pm I miss Greek owned diners. A rarity in this part of NY state. What locals call diners, my wife and I call restaurants or cafes or eateries. Nothing like we grew up with and nothing like eating a stack of pancakes under the glow of chrome and neon!
The Greeks up my way all own pizza shops. More specifically house of pizza. It feels like every town has a house of pizza.
House of Pizza, Panda Garden, Dog House...
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom