What's For Supper?

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I ended up having an avocado baleada. It was good!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:41 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:38 pm Paneer Makhani and Basmati rice, my food is weird and I will now exit this thread, sorry to interrupt, just kind of stumbled in here.
Paneer is good no matter how you do it. By itself, in Saag Paneer, Paneer Makhani.. I've even had Paneer on a weird pizza one time and it was awesome.
Can Am had a Palak Paneer pizza I used to order, might still. Have also made many pizzas, like maybe millions, and done a number that way. Wheat crust, lightly buttered, with Punjab Choley. Mmm.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:47 pm I ended up having an avocado baleada. It was good!
Hey, that sounds real good. I like to halve avocados and splash them with rice wine vinegar.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:00 pm
Chef Benny wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:53 pm Image

Annato Calamansi Marinated chicken on the BBQ tonight.. With some Oriental Silk in the Cobb... I just discovered this thread.. Love it!

Happy Puffin and Grubbin y'all!!

Chef Benny
Yum! My best friend's wife is from the Philippines, and she introduced me to Calamansi and all it's uses in some of her native dishes and as a beverage. I can only imagine how amazing it works as a marinade.
Yes.. My wife is from the Philippines.. She is the real Professional cook..haha! We love to cook at home and try new things.

I like to pair my after dinner pipe to the meal.. I treat the pipe like it's a final course of the meal.. I like to consider what I just ate.. And then select a tobacco that will compliment it.

Bon appetite!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Chef Benny wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:38 am
houtenziel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:00 pm
Chef Benny wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:53 pm Image

Annato Calamansi Marinated chicken on the BBQ tonight.. With some Oriental Silk in the Cobb... I just discovered this thread.. Love it!

Happy Puffin and Grubbin y'all!!

Chef Benny
Yum! My best friend's wife is from the Philippines, and she introduced me to Calamansi and all it's uses in some of her native dishes and as a beverage. I can only imagine how amazing it works as a marinade.
Yes.. My wife is from the Philippines.. She is the real Professional cook..haha! We love to cook at home and try new things.

I like to pair my after dinner pipe to the meal.. I treat the pipe like it's a final course of the meal.. I like to consider what I just ate.. And then select a tobacco that will compliment it.

Bon appetite!
Who makes better lumpia?
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:38 pm Paneer Makhani and Basmati rice, my food is weird and I will now exit this thread, sorry to interrupt, just kind of stumbled in here.
matar paneer is one of my go to meals to prepare ahead of time so I have work night dinners ready to go in the fridge for after working overtime
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

ImageImageImage

Antipasti Plate, Sea Bass and Shrimp atop risotto with Lobster Sauce, Chocolate chip canolis.
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Have a batch of birditas slow cooking. If I've never mentioned it before it's chicken done carnitas style
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I made a sammich and tots last night for dinner. Sourdough, tri tip, gouda, avocado, caramelized onions, garlic aoli. Grilled up on a makeshift press

“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Going out tonight - wedding rehearsal dinner...

I checked out the online menu. It is looking like

broiled trout
steamed veggies
side salad
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017