What's For Supper?

Tsal
Hobbyist

Riff89 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:57 pm Image

The rest of the family went to the high school basketball game so I had leftover tacos. So so good.
Those look tasty! Leftovers always taste better.👍
This post by Tsal liked by (total 2):
Riff89Ronv69
This wonderful hobby of ours...
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:25 am
Puff nstuff wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:13 am Roasted pork LOIN, roasted red potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, and roasted salad. I mean NOT roasted salad.
Calling @Citizen B !!

HELP! Puff didn't get the pork BUTT memo!!

On it.

@Puff nstuff . I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm just going to have to be honest. Over hereabouts, on this part of the internet, most of the fellers here, they swing more butt than loin. We don't talk about pork loin unless---never mind. There is is no reason. We never talk about pork loin on PSF. Are you trying to get in a fight?

Eat all the pork loin you want but, if you feel a compelling need to talk about it, call it pork butt here. Code.

Please, enjoy all the loin you want. Nobody is here to judge anyone else. Brothers of the briar and all. Some people like VaPers, some people don't. Aros? Who can agree? Nobody makes a big fuss. It takes all kind of people to make this pipe smoking world go round. Nobody is here to talk about pork loin.

You are in butt country.

Enjoy your loins in private. More power to you. I know I do.

[Editors Note: All this butt and loin talk sounds kind of dirty. I have spoken with the author and he did not intend his statements to be taken that way. Any interpretation to the contrary is the reader's, not the author's.]

ENJOY YOUR SUPPER, FOLKS!!!!
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 3):
Puff nstuffWildcatRonv69
--- "His legend precedes him the way lightning precedes thunder."
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

The rest of the family went to the high school basketball game so I had leftover tacos. So so good.
I'm a Cholula man myself.
This post by mrpipster liked by:
Ronv69
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Puff nstuff
Member in Good Standing

Duly noted.

However, I'm married to a Mexican, and we eat all parts of the puerco around here. As the cook in the family, I'm used calling things as they are.

I'm a butt man myself, but I surely won't say no to any other part that tickles my fancy when the opportunity presents itself. You, uh, 'fellers' can do whatever y'all want, but I'll keep calling things as I see 'em, thank you very much - rules be damned!
This post by Puff nstuff liked by (total 4):
mrpipsterCitizen BWildcatRonv69
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Puff nstuff wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:52 pm Duly noted.

However, I'm married to a Mexican, and we eat all parts of the puerco around here. As the cook in the family, I'm used calling things as they are.

I'm a butt man myself, but I surely won't say no to any other part that tickles my fancy when the opportunity presents itself. You, uh, 'fellers' can do whatever y'all want, but I'll keep calling things as I see 'em, thank you very much - rules be damned!
Thems fitghtin words.
This post by mrpipster liked by (total 2):
WildcatRonv69
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

mrpipster wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:55 pm

Thems fitghtin words.
No. No. A man has to stand up for what he thinks is important. We have to respect that.

Puff likes his loins.

He drew a line in the sand and I am walking away.

There are some fights that aren't worth picking. There is an oddball in every crowd. It's not worth picking this fight. This man likes parts other than the butt. Crazy train.

If you and I ever meet for supper, Pip, we are going to divvy up a pork butt. You bring Mrs. Pip. I will bring Mrs. King. :king:
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 4):
WildcatmrpipsterPuff nstuffRonv69
--- "His legend precedes him the way lightning precedes thunder."
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:24 pm
mrpipster wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:55 pm

Thems fitghtin words.
No. No. A man has to stand up for what he thinks is important. We have to respect that.

Puff likes his loins.

He drew a line in the sand and I am walking away.

There are some fights that aren't worth picking. There is an oddball in every crowd. It's not worth picking this fight. This man likes parts other than the butt. Crazy train.

If you and I ever meet for supper, Pip, we are going to divvy up a pork butt. You bring Mrs. Pip. I will bring Mrs. King. :king:
Your probably right. Cooler heads should prevail. Eat all the loin you want @Puff nstuff. As for me I will be eating butt.
This post by mrpipster liked by (total 3):
Citizen BPuff nstuffRonv69
Riff89

mrpipster wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:50 pm

I'm a Cholula man myself.
I usually prefer tapatio or el yucateco but the store was sold out. Tacos without hot sauce are depressing.
This post by Riff89 liked by:
Ronv69
Puff nstuff
Member in Good Standing

Thank you. And don't worry, gents - when it's time to eat butt, I won't shy away. However, I also won't hesitate to devour ham, cheek, belly, fatback, jowls, hocks, or, I dare say, loin. Because it's ALL good in my book.
This post by Puff nstuff liked by (total 3):
Citizen BWildcatRonv69
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Puff nstuff wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:57 pm Thank you. And don't worry, gents - when it's time to eat butt, I won't shy away. However, I also won't hesitate to devour ham, cheek, belly, fatback, jowls, hocks, or, I dare say, loin. Because it's ALL good in my book.
Huhhuhuh..., he said eat butt..., Huhuhuh ;)
This post by Wildcat liked by (total 2):
Puff nstuffRonv69
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom