What's For Supper?

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:48 am
9 Iron wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:27 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 pm Dinty Moore in a can ... over sliced white bread!
This is a must for camping/hunting camp grub. A little hickory salt on top and a can of peaches for dessert. Amazingly good meal.
Awesome camp grub indeed although I've never had Hickory salt. My father squirts ketchup all over it. :facepalm: Unbelievable.
Mmm, ketchup. Fried eggs, blindfolded, and hash browns all mixed up covered in ketchup. Buttered toast to sop up what's left. Best breakfast known to man!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:05 am

This is a must for camping/hunting camp grub. A little hickory salt on top and a can of peaches for dessert. Amazingly good meal.
Awesome camp grub indeed although I've never had Hickory salt. My father squirts ketchup all over it. :facepalm: Unbelievable.
Mmm, ketchup. Fried eggs, blindfolded, and hash browns all mixed up covered in ketchup. Buttered toast to sop up what's left. Best breakfast known to man!
I never got the ketchup and eggs deal... especially on scramble. I only eat ketchup with French fries.
What's blindfolded?
The Troll Whisperer
9 Iron
Founding Member

Hot sauce on eggs? Yes. Ketchup? Yuk :oops:
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:22 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:48 am Awesome camp grub indeed although I've never had Hickory salt. My father squirts ketchup all over it. :facepalm: Unbelievable.
I never got the ketchup and eggs deal... especially on scramble. I only eat ketchup with French fries.
What's blindfolded?
A blindfolded egg is when you drop an egg in a pan like you are going to fry it, but you then throw a couple ice cubes in and cover it with a lid. The melting ice steams the egg and it comes out sorta half fried and half poached.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bamarick wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:11 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 pm Tonight was chicken and savory grits. I screwed up the grits by using too much liquid :lol: but they were still fantastic
Savory Grits? Would you mind sharing the recipe for the dish? It sounds interesting.
Here you go, they can explain it better than I can. Essentially it's grits made with chicken stock (or beef or vegetable) & cream. I replace all of the water with stock but you can use whatever ratio you find best. Last night's batch also got a little splash of grated parmesan stirred in at the end

https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-ma ... ts-3057173
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:48 am Awesome camp grub indeed although I've never had Hickory salt. My father squirts ketchup all over it. :facepalm: Unbelievable.
What's blindfolded?
In my family, nuclear and extended, an egg was "blindfolded" by flipping hot grease on the yolk as the egg fried, changing the color from yellow to whatever color it is yolks turn when you flip hot grease on them, leaving the yolk runny. It's akin to over easy but you don't have to turn the egg over.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:52 pm
What's blindfolded?
In my family, nuclear and extended, an egg was "blindfolded" by flipping hot grease on the yolk, changing the color from yellow to whatever color it is yolks turn when you flip hot grease on them, leaving the yolk runny. It's akin to over easy but you don't have to turn the egg over.
Yessir! Bacon grease is the best for that
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

What's blindfolded?
In my family, nuclear and extended, an egg was "blindfolded" by flipping hot grease on the yolk as the egg fried, changing the color from yellow to whatever color it is yolks turn when you flip hot grease on them, leaving the yolk runny. It's akin to over easy but you don't have to turn the egg over.
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:53 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:22 am I never got the ketchup and eggs deal... especially on scramble. I only eat ketchup with French fries.
What's blindfolded?
In my family, nuclear and extended, an egg was "blindfolded" by flipping hot grease on the yolk, changing the color from yellow to whatever color it is yolks turn when you flip hot grease on them, leaving the yolk runny. It's akin to over easy but you don't have to turn the egg over.
Yessir! Bacon grease is the best for that
That's how we make our over easy eggs too, didn't know there was a name for it tho.... if you want to try something new, chop the cooked bacon and mix it with white rice and top with the eggs. BAM! Some hot sauce too.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Where is the bacon in this breakfast?
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:48 am
Where is the bacon in this breakfast?
It never made it past the paper towels it was draining on. :)
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!