Surprising knife set

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Recently , ive been wanting a stockman knife . Had a great old Keen Kutter that I lost in Miami , of all the damn places , a few years ago .Went to a hardware store in town to get a yellow case stockman with the chrome vanadium steel that I like so much but they just had the trapper . Could order one online but it takes an act of God for me to order stuff online most the time and I just havent
I'm glad I didnt in a way . Now this is gonna seem too cheap and all but I was in Tractor Supply a few days ago getting sone stuff and I saw this three pack of knives .. One being a stockman . 20 bucks for the three and I thought .. Some crap stuff from China probably . Figured what the hell and got it
Get home and open it up .... Surprise !! Very damn good fit and finish ! Super sharp with even grinding . Damb good snap etc ... Really , a very good quality knife/knives . I'm kinda shocked . Cattlemans Cutlery from China .. Go figure

Anyway , i have yet to carry the stockman or trapper . Fell in love with the damn little toothpick

ImageImage
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I'm gonna look them up and see if they make a sharp finger style fixed
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Nice little three pack! I was looking at a new Buck pen knife the other day but I was talked out of buying it, maybe I'll go back and get it tomorrow.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:03 pm Nice little three pack! I was looking at a new Buck pen knife the other day but I was talked out of buying it, maybe I'll go back and get it tomorrow.
Why not , right ? I've taken some time off work to do nothing . While doing nothing , I find I do something but not much . The tooth pick does well and im keeping it in that little pocket on my jeans . I wont take it to work . Get the pen knife , man , for the down times

It seems to be holding an edge too , this toothpick .

This would be Bucks China version. ..
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BU385/ ... nch-Closed
Wilderness Pipe

Sweet set of knives. You don't see too many of those around anymore
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If anyone stops in a tractor supply and sees these ., you won't be disappointed , I promise
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wilderness Pipe wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:59 pm Sweet set of knives. You don't see too many of those around anymore
I know , right . Everything seems to have gone liner lock w/ pocket clip .. and in a hurry . I swear , the word tactical is so damn over used ... Everything is tactical , it's a joke imho
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Great looking knives! Gonna look for some o'those.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

update ... these knives hold up . for me , the most shocking cheap brand ive tried . i still love the toothpick
Tsal
Forum Decorum

The little pen knifes are my favorite too, glad they're holding up for you.
The Troll Whisperer