CRKT CEO EDC Knife

Middle Earth

Been looking for an ultra-light EDC
The primary criteria ultra-light and I like clip-points and a drop-point is close enough

$39.99
The CRKT CEO features a 3.11" 8Cr13MoV stainless steel drop point blade with a satin finish. It's a manual thumb stud opener with an IKBS ball bearing pivot system. This linerlock has black glass-reinforced nylon handles with a deep carry tip-down pocket clip. It's 4.45" closed, 7.63" overall and weighs 2.1oz.

Tsal
Forum Decorum

That looks like a great envelope opener.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Crkt has some cool designs , no doubt . Their m16 is hot stuff too and the fossil is just super cool looking . I'm sure you'll enjoy it

Recently while in Myrtle Beach I was in the cabellas store . Snsged a pair of boots that I'm really digging .. and this guy ...

Buck Bantam . 16 bucks i think

Next to the cold steel pro lite ( a locking beast ) , this is a damn good second
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I'm in the market for a sd knife but I only just started looking.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
9 Iron
Founding Member

I always, always have a folding knife on me. I carry a Hinderer xm18 on the weekends, it’s my favorite folder but far too nice to take to work. 5 days a week at work I carry a Spyderco Para 3. I have others, but these 2 rise to the top. The Hinderer is really too expensive to consider for everyday carry but the Spyderco is perfect.
9 Iron
Founding Member

BTW, didn’t mean to derail, that’s an interesting looking knife. I’ve heard of CRKT but never handled one.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

9 Iron wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:39 pm BTW, didn’t mean to derail, that’s an interesting looking knife. I’ve heard of CRKT but never handled one.
There's a bunch of " modern " companies now, though crkt has been around a bit . The steel on the crkt is similar to many in their price range. The 8cr13mov stuff , but there's has a higher Rockwell hardness , I think . The 8cr stuff is ok but I think theres is better than most . Edge rete sion is good and they take a little more to sharpen than others 8cr .. due to the hardness ( im guessing )
They have some real modern designs also and good fit and finish. I had one of their m16 models and after getting used to the double lock , I really liked it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Middle Earth

I was going to revive this thread or create a new one
So thanks...
The CRKT CEO EDC is a fantastic knife, having had it for a minute
It is far more than an "envelope opener"
I can recommend it 100%
It will cut plugs and would be excellent for social work
For me, in my opinion, just for me, if it is a hand- gun or a knife, every freaking ounce counts as a general matter
This is the minimum I would carry and expect a good out-come, depending.....
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I know I am probably vastly in the minority, but I personally wouldn't carry a folder for anything but utility. I once took a knife defense class where we had those self healing rubber dummy torsos to practice on. One of the participants liner locks failed when jabbing the torso, and it damn near took off two of his fingers. After seeing that, it's fixed blade only for me for anything I would consider for defense. Despite what the various knife companies would have us believe, most of these tactical style knives were not remotely tested in this manner.
Middle Earth

Houtenziel wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:14 am of the participants liner locks failed...
Good point
There are a few folder locks that will not fail
Demko's Tri-Ad is the best example
It will not fail
Liner locks can be sketchy
The CRKT CEO EDC is not a first choice for self-defense for sure
The blade is very similar to most OTFs in size and effectiveness
So I will back-track, and say the blade itself, is strong enough and the liner-lock is the weakest link
But, better to have it than not grab a knife at all because you want to run light
I really like it, as stated