Chiappa 1892 Trapper

Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:46 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:03 pm When your in the woods nothing beats a 30-30 or 45-70. In my opinion 30-06 or .308 just destroys the meat at close range, unless you like bloody meat.
https://freerepublic.com/focus/news/843705/posts
They are pretty rough on the meat unless you can choose your shots, something you should always do anyway. Its just my preference. I had rather loose a little meat than see dinner running into the brush to croak in parts unknown. The deer I shot from a treestand was hit right where it should have been and went down like a sashweight. I waited 5 or maybe 10 minutes and climbed down to field dress it. When I was about 15 yards away it leaped up and was in the brush with a couple of leaps. No blood or any sign it even lay there. This bothered the hell out of me then and still does when I think about it. I know it eventually died, but where and how long it took nobody knows. No light puss calibers for me. They work fine for most people if they can shoot straight and use a little judgement. Most people can't.