Chiappa 1892 Trapper

sisyphus
Person of Interest

well no phone to snap pics. The Chiappa came home today. Fit of wood to metal is the best I've ever seen. Bluing above average but not old school good. Was hoping for an outstanding piece of wood and got merely good. The case hardened parts look awesome. Action is smooth, lever a little looser than I'd like. Overall about what I expected and worth what was paid. I like that it's a replica and lacks the lawyer safety and rebounding hammer. Very handy with the 16 inch barrel, can't wait to shoot it.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

All levers have that side to side chatter. Enjoy.
The Troll Whisperer
Armycw2

I have a Rossi R92 Stainless 20" in 44 Magnum but I feed it my Skeeter Skelton 44 special loads exclusively.. It makes a "perfect pair" with my Flattop Stainless Bisley Blackhawk in 44 special

“If you can't send money, send tobacco.” GEN George Washington
Middle Earth

Armycw2 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:38 pm I have a Rossi R92 Stainless 20" in 44 Magnum but I feed it my Skeeter Skelton 44 special loads exclusively.. It makes a "perfect pair" with my Flattop Stainless Bisley Blackhawk in 44 special

Sweet looking 92
It looks like the egdes are melted, very smooth looking fit and finish
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Armycw2 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:38 pm I have a Rossi R92 Stainless 20" in 44 Magnum but I feed it my Skeeter Skelton 44 special loads exclusively.. It makes a "perfect pair" with my Flattop Stainless Bisley Blackhawk in 44 special

I lounge around the house like that too but with a 45-70. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I always wanted a '92 Winchester in 32-20 and never seemed able to snag one. This looks like something I might be able to obtain depending on what horrors await us. Not the exact caliber I was wanting back then, but it would sure do. I have my Father's old Smith & Wesson chambered for 32-20 is why I wanted a rifle in the same caliber. We were out shooting the old revolver one day and noticed an increase in muzzle blast and recoil from a box of ammo he had got from who knows where. He swore they were not reloads but I was not so sure. It was not until quite a bit later that I learned that there was a rifle factory load for the 32-20 and a revolver load. Sure enough, when we dug the remainder of the box out of the closet it was marked for rifle use.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

if you keep an eye on Proxibid, 1892s in 32-20 turn up
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:35 am This guy started it all! I was obsessed with this rifle and with Steve McQueen's Mare's Leg. The gimmick guns were the stars!
Man, I loved that show

@sisyphus ... enjoy !! It looks like fun and handy as hell
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Did you ever notice Steve McQueen's cartridge belt is crammed with full length rifle cartridges while his 1892 Winchester was only ever chambered for pistol type ammo? My interest in firearms along with my inability to suspend belief has ruined many an election .....I mean western....for me.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Lostdog5152 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:00 am Did you ever notice Steve McQueen's cartridge belt is crammed with full length rifle cartridges while his 1892 Winchester was only ever chambered for pistol type ammo? My interest in firearms along with my inability to suspend belief has ruined many an election .....I mean western....for me.
Yes! I read they loaded up the belt with .45-70 because it was more dramatic and showed up better on film.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!