Help Me Pick My Next Lever Gun

sisyphus
Person of Interest

I have two but I need another one. I have a 16" 357 Chiappa 1892 and a 20" 44 mag Marlin 1894. Looking at a Marlin 1894 in 45LC with a 20" octagon barrel and a Chiappa 1892 with a 24" octagon barrel. I could go either way, so throw in your $.02
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Henry 45-70 case hardened.
Stop buying guns!
The Troll Whisperer
Middle Earth

Marlin.....perfect for use with your .45 Colt revolvers

Old Welder

Marlin..
Here are 3 of my newest ones ,by age
45-70 , 44 mag and 357 mag....
Unless you are willing to go with older ones ..
1904 Marlin in 25-20
!896 Marlin 38-55
BriarPipeNYC

A few years back, I watched a You-Tube video, showing a young man shooting his newly converted SBR Mare's Leg/Henry, 44 Mag. He installed a regular butt on the back end and turned that ridiculous Mare's Leg into a short, but highly accurate carbine. Easy to shoot, easy to reload the old brass. A fun gun to own.... and shoot, and to pass down to a youngster when he comes of age. This father-to-son ritual was once an American tradition. All things change.

Upon reflection, It was quite obvious to me, that this this gent probably lived in a state where the vestiges of our soon-to-be-nullified, 2nd Amendment still exists. Ever since I watched the young man put his beautiful, tax-stamped, lever-action SBR thru it's paces....I wanted one. Still do. I'd buy one and convert one in a minute If I could. But I live in New York City where rifles like this old school, lever-action SBR are strictly forbidden....forbidden even if I had the necessary, and very expensive permits. NY State is a "may issue" SBR state, but NY City, has even stricter controls and prohibitions on permitted firearm possession. BATF tax stamps and special permits or not....I could NOT own any SBR in NYC.

Everyone who's reading this, should stop, and think, real hard. Why? Because the rest of the states will shortly and surely follow New York's lead. "Not possible", you say? Virginia recently followed.

Elections do have consequences, after all.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If you're wanting whatever round Henry offers ... get a Henry , imho . The action on them are off the chart
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

No Henry for me.

It's a tough call. The Chiappa Winchester replica is immaculate in fit and finish. The Marlin just feels right and I absolutely prefer tucking it into my shoulder compared to my Winchester replica. The action is about the same on both with two slight nods to the Winchester replica for smoothness and strength of bolt lockup. I also really dig the faux case hardening on the Winchester replica. The bluing is better on the Chiappa.

Still can't make up my mind.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Cimarron ordered
Tsal
Forum Decorum

sisyphus wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:42 pm No Henry for me.
I gotta hear this? Have you ever shot one?
The Troll Whisperer
sisyphus
Person of Interest

nothing personal, just only interested in Marlin and Winchester/replicas