A Word on Ruger Revolvers

Ronv69
Founding Member

I looked into that and I think I would be better off if I just sold it and bought a Bisley. Except that I've never shot a Bisley.
God and Texas!
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

I have a single action ruger Vaquero. She's She's real beaut. They make great firearms
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
ironclad

I like the Ruger revolvers; I have a New Bearcat Shopkeeper in .22 LR, a Vaquero Stainless Talo with the birdshead grip in .45 Colt, and a Redhawk Model 5044 in .44 Mag. My Vaquero is my go to carry in the winter and I carry the Bearcat in summer.
Mischief managed.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I just got a Ruger Single Six or whatever its called , in .22 stainless . My stepfather passed and my Ma gave it to me but Im giving it to my step brother when I see him next . I told Ma ... see , this is what drives kids nuts about " steps " .. I shouldnt be getting this gun , his son should .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:52 am I just got a Ruger Single Six or whatever its called , in .22 stainless . My stepfather passed and my Ma gave it to me but Im giving it to my step brother when I see him next . I told Ma ... see , this is what drives kids nuts about " steps " .. I shouldnt be getting this gun , his son should .
That is the stand up thing to do. I’m sure he will appreciate it. Though, a Single Six is a fine .22.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:52 am I just got a Ruger Single Six or whatever its called , in .22 stainless . My stepfather passed and my Ma gave it to me but Im giving it to my step brother when I see him next . I told Ma ... see , this is what drives kids nuts about " steps " .. I shouldnt be getting this gun , his son should .
You should try the Single Six out first though. You know, run it through it's paces just to make sure it's safe for your step-brother. Try some rat shot too, maybe on some crappy pipe I sent you. lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:42 pm
You should try the Single Six out first though. You know, run it through it's paces just to make sure it's safe for your step-brother. Try some rat shot too, maybe on some crappy pipe I sent you. lol
Agreed.
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:42 pm
A new kind of rustication! 😁
God and Texas!
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I fell out of love with my 41 magnum Blackhawk. The base pin backs out under full house loads. There is an aftermarket base pin with a set screw that you drill a .050 hole in your barrel for that apparently solves the issue. My feeling is you should not have to resort to something like that to shoot magnum loads in a magnum.

I don't keep guns I don't feel I can trust my life to. I have a Smith & Wesson Model 57 on the way to replace it. My favorite handgun caliber, I'm not abandoning 41 magnum.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
ncrobb
Founding Member

Hmm, I still have the factory base pin in my three screw .41 BH and I’ve pushed it HARD and never had the base pin jump. I bet your talking about a Belt Mountain Base pin? I’ve used a couple but never drilled the divot for the set screw. The .480 and .454 SBH Bisleys have a set screw in the base pin from Ruger. I know what you mean about trusting it though. I’ve looked for a 4” model 57 off and on. I have a 58 and it’s a jewel. Love me some .41 Magnum!
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett