Vintage bait caster

Riff89

ImageImageImageImageImage

Anyone here knowledgeable in old fishing reels? I came across these two old bait caster reels that were headed for the dumpster but I saved them. Are they worth anything or just neat conversation pieces for the shelf in the man cave?
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Riff89 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:53 pm Anyone here knowledgeable in old fishing reels? I came across these two old bait caster reels that were headed for the dumpster but I saved them. Are they worth anything or just neat conversation pieces for the shelf in the man cave?
It's an Abu Garcia, so you could probably flip it on eBay for some change. Then buy a pipe.
Riff89

Dr Uhaha wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:06 pm
Riff89 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:53 pm Anyone here knowledgeable in old fishing reels? I came across these two old bait caster reels that were headed for the dumpster but I saved them. Are they worth anything or just neat conversation pieces for the shelf in the man cave?
It's an Abu Garcia, so you could probably flip it on eBay for some change. Then buy a pipe.
I like the way you think. That’s probably what I will do with it lol. I know Abus are good reels I’ve had a couple of their older spinning reels and loved them but true “vintage” reels and especially bait caster so know next to nothing about. Not sure if it would get me a Corncob or a dunhill lol.
Jlando19

A quick check on Ebay shows anywhere from 25 to 300 and some change. With the average being in the 25 to 40 dollar range.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Ya know, there has to be a vintage fishing gear forum out there, right?
ever forward
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

arturo7 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:38 am Ya know, there has to be a vintage fishing gear forum out there, right?
There is a forum out there for pretty much everything.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Riff89

arturo7 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:38 am Ya know, there has to be a vintage fishing gear forum out there, right?
No doubt there is. I just figured I would see if any of you folks would have any knowledge on the subject.