Ask me anything

simplepipes
Codger in Training

I would imagine the first is "Chesterfield like" but not a Chesterfield for that price.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Tsal
Forum Decorum

simplepipes wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:03 pm I would imagine the first is "Chesterfield like" but not a Chesterfield for that price.

-sp
Yeah, it's nothing like the real deal. I seen a real one the next town over and they were asking 6k and it was burgandy. It was beautiful!
The Troll Whisperer
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:12 pm
simplepipes wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:03 pm I would imagine the first is "Chesterfield like" but not a Chesterfield for that price.

-sp
Yeah, it's nothing like the real deal. I seen a real one the next town over and they were asking 6k and it was burgandy. It was beautiful!
When i attended Law School many years past, the library had Chesterfield chairs . . . the "elitism" was taught as part of the education.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Tsal
Forum Decorum

simplepipes wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:21 pm

-sp
When i attended Law School many years past, the library had Chesterfield chairs . . . the "elitism" was taught as part of the education.

-sp
Yeah I get the whole upper class connection to Chesterfield but, it just has an an old world feel to me. Nowadays, it's considered office furniture.
I wish I had the room for this.
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

We were in the same boat looking for a Chesterton sofa. Found one we liked at a very good price after looking at a bunch. It was comfortable in the store but after sitting on it for a few months it is killing our backs. To get a good one that will be comfortable for years you're going to have to pay over $4k. They take some breaking in but last for years.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:39 pm We were in the same boat looking for a Chesterton sofa. Found one we liked at a very good price after looking at a bunch. It was comfortable in the store but after sitting on it for a few months it is killing our backs. To get a good one that will be comfortable for years you're going to have to pay over $4k. They take some breaking in but last for years.
That was supposed to be Chesterfield. Autocorrect strikes again.
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Is it worth $150 extra for buttons in the upholstery? It depends on whether you like Chesterfield or not. I like buttons as much as the next guy but I also like the relaxed rumpus room vibe of Selection #2. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll learn to live with it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:38 pm Is it worth $150 extra for buttons in the upholstery? It depends on whether you like Chesterfield or not. I like buttons as much as the next guy but I also like the relaxed rumpus room vibe of Selection #2. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll learn to live with it.
My kids like the Chesterfield better but my inner old man thinks the second one is the best choice for that room which my son's spend all their time. I have another living room that I was never allowed to go in, the couch is like new but I don't like the style of it. I need an excuse to get rid of it then I'll buy a Chesterfield. I think.
The Troll Whisperer
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Buy the second for now . . . when the time is right keep watch for an estate Chesterfield.

-sp
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

simplepipes wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:21 pm

-sp

-sp
The library at the New Orleans Athletic Club has chairs like that in their library. I used to go for a swim in the morning and then sit in the sauna awhile. After that I would go to the library to take a nap in one of those chairs with the WSJ on my lap. There was always a couple of old guys like me.

I had to give up my membership when the pandemic hit. Once things are back to normal and our business is making money again, I'd like to rejoin. I left as a member in good standing so I'm sure they'll take me back. It's the only gym I've ever enjoyed going to.

http://neworleansathleticclub.com/about ... c-history/
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.