Ask me anything

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Dear Ruffinator,

I've had the same beard for several years and am thinking of making a change: A little shorter, a little more tidy with the lines. Problem is that my lovely wife likes my full beard exactly as it has been. What do I do? Break out the trimmers and experiment a bit? Keep taking orders from my domestic overlord?

-Hirsute in Hanover
Tsal
Forum Decorum

rekamepip wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:57 pm Thanks @Citizen B !
We are not party people nor Foodies so just to get an offer to see your city 1st hand would make it much more enjoyable
and Yes to table top shuffle board 🤩
New Orleans has an interesting smell to it...locals don't notice it but, it's there. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:37 pm @Ronv69 you mentioned Palo Duro Canyon. Get this. We lived in Amarillo for a few years when I was a kid, dad’s job dontcha know. Anyway, during the summer either my mom or dad would drop me and my little brother off at the entrance of the Canyon and we would spend the day exploring. We had canteens and some jerky and that’s how we spent lots of days. At the end of the day they would pick us up back at the main entrance. I was 13…I couldn’t imagine doing that with one of my kids. It was great fun for us in those days.

Another fun thing we did was go camping in the Big Bend. One day my brother and I took off just exploring and when we got to the Rio Grande we walked across into Mexico into a little town called Boquillas. I was probably 15 about this time. That was pretty fun too. They had a bear chained up in the middle of the “town” that would drink bottles of coke and beer you could give him. When we got back we told our parents what we did and my mom freaked out. it’s a miracle I made it out of my childhood alive. lol

Texas is full of wonders, so is Mexico.
That would have been great! I spent a lot of time outdoors, over 700 days and nights of camping in the Scouts and a lot of days spent screwing around in the woods that used to exist inside the city of Houston. I didn't get to go to Big Bend until I was 37, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and explored it.
God and Texas!
ncrobb
Founding Member

Palo Duro Canyon is on my short list of places to visit. I’d love to see the snow rollers. I’d have been in heaven to be dropped off there as a kid and told to be back at the gate at 6pm.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Dr Uhaha wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:05 pm Dear Ruffinator,

I've had the same beard for several years and am thinking of making a change: A little shorter, a little more tidy with the lines. Problem is that my lovely wife likes my full beard exactly as it has been. What do I do? Break out the trimmers and experiment a bit? Keep taking orders from my domestic overlord?

-Hirsute in Hanover
Shave it and shell think shes with a younger man :lol:

Seriously , my wife would kill me if I didnt shave . Im lucky to go 2 or 3 days without shaving before the comments start coming . That said , I think its cool to grow out a stash and beard . Im so accustomed to shaving that Ive only once had a stash for a week and it was freaky feeling .

Anyway , trim it up man ... go for a " look " of sorts .. Im not saying villiage people but something with a touch of class or style .. not that you arent a smf , I dont know , maybe youre like mr GQ with shiny non natural fabric clothing [ lol ] .. but an.. " Ive been in the woods for 3 years " growth is fine if youve been in the woods 3 years .
I swear , if you do that lumber sexual look thing I will hunt you down and do you the favor of ending it all for you !! LOL .. Shit , just the thought of that .. maybe dont trim it . God only knows what could happen :) .. but seriously , change it up for the hell of it . I bought fluorescent colored under ware recently ... you know how ridiculously funny that looks .. and theyre made out of material that Im not even sure if its natural

Get with the times bro :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Did you remember your wife's birthday?
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Houtenziel wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:53 pm Did you remember your wife's birthday?
Why would I want to do that ? :lol:
rekamepip
Codger in Training

:bow: @Ruffinogold

Do they still make Yuban Coffee?
Not finding that on the shelves around here anymore 😡
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:40 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:53 pm Did you remember your wife's birthday?
Why would I want to do that ? :lol:
I don't remember my own birthday until my wife tells me.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

rekamepip wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:34 pm :bow: @Ruffinogold

Do they still make Yuban Coffee?
Not finding that on the shelves around here anymore 😡
They do , I bought some two days ago