The official 2nd and most bestist box pass of 2021

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:01 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:36 pm Well vintage old granddad bit me even worse than the Middleton walnut but it was going back in the box anyway

I'll probably switch to a medium flat rate box. The shipping is cheaper and then it will have a little bit of breathing room to load / take.

(FYI pirateship is a free service and is cheaper than going usps direct)

The postal service's days are numbered, but, we've been saying that about Amtrak for years, too.

I like my mail man, who is a lady, but I still address her as "Mailman." She doesn't mind. That's what she is. My dog hates her. He hates all UPS, FedEx, and Amazon delivery people and trucks, too.
Our shop dog at work always puts on a good show barking at anyone in a uniform. He means no harm, he's just a jerk who earned his nickname of Rex-hole
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:01 pm I like my mail man, who is a lady, but I still address her as "Mailman." She doesn't mind. That's what she is. My dog hates her. He hates all UPS, FedEx, and Amazon delivery people and trucks, too.
Being a mailman on a walking route was like working in a dog pound. People have no idea what their dogs are like when they aren't around.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Dr Uhaha wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:06 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:01 pm I like my mail man, who is a lady, but I still address her as "Mailman." She doesn't mind. That's what she is. My dog hates her. He hates all UPS, FedEx, and Amazon delivery people and trucks, too.
Being a mailman on a walking route was like working in a dog pound. People have no idea what their dogs are like when they aren't around.
Yes, I do. Thats one of the reasons I like them. Best burglar alarms available. My mailbox is on the other side of the yard fence. An occasional Girl Scout or Jehova Witness may come up missing but thats just collateral damage. Saves on dog food too.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Lostdog5152 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:23 am
Dr Uhaha wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:06 pm
Yes, I do. Thats one of the reasons I like them. Best burglar alarms available. My mailbox is on the other side of the yard fence. An occasional Girl Scout or Jehova Witness may come up missing but thats just collateral damage. Saves on dog food too.
Well, it is a bit unpredictable. Sometimes German shepherds would cower and slink away when they saw me, sometimes the supposedly easy going lab would turn into Cujo.

Funny but true: After facing every size and breed for years I was only successfully bitten twice. Both times by Dachshunds. Sneaky boogers act reasonably tolerant when you approach, but then grab your ankle at the first opportunity. 🤣

And then there was that close-to-feral pack of Chihuahuas on that one street. 🤣
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The old granddad is a bit bitey .. Its a bit tricky . A medium + bowl and once its going ,then go easy is the best advice I got for that blend . The flavor is so damn good though that whatever isnt good about it is superseded . I have a Mastro de Paya huge ball that it does really well in . The chamber is medium in size . It does well in my Jobey Churchwarden also [ God , I forgot about that pie . Gonna fire that up in a bit ] . It seems to be more bitey in a smaller bowled pipe , from what I can tell

@Mr Beardsley .... did you try the Smokers Value Black and Gold ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Hey @Ruffinogold is that black and gold a captain black white kind of tobacco?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:46 pm The old granddad is a bit bitey .. Its a bit tricky . A medium + bowl and once its going ,then go easy is the best advice I got for that blend . The flavor is so damn good though that whatever isnt good about it is superseded . I have a Mastro de Paya huge ball that it does really well in . The chamber is medium in size . It does well in my Jobey Churchwarden also [ God , I forgot about that pie . Gonna fire that up in a bit ] . It seems to be more bitey in a smaller bowled pipe , from what I can tell

I didn't. Smells a lot like an aro and I tend to overpuff those and get bit (like old granddad) I'm an odd one really, I can't ever get much flavor out of any aromatics beyond the first quarter of the bowl. It just vanishes
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Jlando19

Just catching up with what's happening here! Can't wait to see what is in there when It gets to me!
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:04 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:46 pm The old granddad is a bit bitey .. Its a bit tricky . A medium + bowl and once its going ,then go easy is the best advice I got for that blend . The flavor is so damn good though that whatever isnt good about it is superseded . I have a Mastro de Paya huge ball that it does really well in . The chamber is medium in size . It does well in my Jobey Churchwarden also [ God , I forgot about that pie . Gonna fire that up in a bit ] . It seems to be more bitey in a smaller bowled pipe , from what I can tell

I didn't. Smells a lot like an aro and I tend to overpuff those and get bit (like old granddad) I'm an odd one really, I can't ever get much flavor out of any aromatics beyond the first quarter of the bowl. It just vanishes
Totally different . Its not bitey . OGD is but black and gold is pretty smooth
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

mrpipster wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:21 pm Hey @Ruffinogold is that black and gold a captain black white kind of tobacco?
It is in the sense that its a cavendish but other than that , its softer and more akin to say Lane 1q