Is this worth reading?

Wildcrow
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:05 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:44 pm
Citizen B wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:04 pm

Well, it gives us something to talk about that's on topic, so there is that. :ugeek:

Oh , youre so the guy to keep shit on topic :lol:
You know, one time, I walked into my local B&M looking for a few cigars and maybe a tin of something or other to pack into my pipe, maybe some Nightcap. It was just an idle stopover, you know how it goes----sometimes you get a hankering to stop and pass the time looking at cigars and tins and pipes and ashtrays and lighters and whatnot in a real physical place. There's nothing else more important to do. The internet is great and all, don't get me wrong, but sometimes, you know how it is, a real man, a real living breathing person, really, who has a heartbeat and a pulse and a thought in their head and a feeling in their heart and a yearning in their soul wants to go into a shop and purchase something, talk to the clerk, and pay in cash----all that. Like real life. That's what happened that day. The sun was shining.

Anyhow, I picked out four cigars which totaled about twenty bucks. The thing about spending too much time in a walk-in humidor is that you find more stuff to tempt you and, and, and, you get used to the high prices on the premium stuff so that, all of a sudden, five bucks a stick seems cheap. It's happened to all of us.

I exited the humidor and looked at the tins available. Most of them went for twenty U.S. dollars per tin. Too rich for my blood. I'm a Super-Value man.

This shop has a collection of glass jars with house blends so I studied the options. They were the usual things, probably from Lane: cherry, butterscotch, whiskey blend, you know the flavors. Burley Aros for the most part. Ho-hum. Four cigars and make a run for the border.

As I turned to make my way to the counter, though, clutching my four cigars like they were treasure, my eye caught sight of a jar on the shelf with all the other house blend jars----but this one was different. This blend was called, "Two Virgins and a Frenchmen."

"What is this?" I said to the girl behind the counter.

"It's our house blend," she said.

"Why is it called this?" I asked.

The girl behind the counter blushed. "Taste it. You'll see."

I bought an ounce. It cost me $3.99 plus tax.

It was a good smoke. I haven't bought it since. It was too spicy for me, but it did have red wine notes like Jim Inks describes in EGR. I still haven't tried EGR, which is something that is probably right up my alley.

That day in the B&M was probably eight years ago. The sun was shining.

Whenever I think of that day, I think of you, @Ruffinogold . You used to own a B&M.

Now, what were we talking about? Oh, I just checked. This is the "Is This Worth Reading" thread. Oh, well.
:lol: dont you have a thread devoted to throwing a thread off topic?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:05 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:44 pm
Citizen B wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:04 pm

Well, it gives us something to talk about that's on topic, so there is that. :ugeek:
Oh , youre so the guy to keep shit on topic :lol:
You know, one time, I walked into my local B&M looking for a few cigars and maybe a tin of something or other to pack into my pipe, maybe some Nightcap. It was just an idle stopover, you know how it goes----sometimes you get a hankering to stop and pass the time looking at cigars and tins and pipes and ashtrays and lighters and whatnot in a real physical place. There's nothing else more important to do. The internet is great and all, don't get me wrong, but sometimes, you know how it is, a real man, a real living breathing person, really, who has a heartbeat and a pulse and a thought in their head and a feeling in their heart and a yearning in their soul wants to go into a shop and purchase something, talk to the clerk, and pay in cash----all that. Like real life. That's what happened that day. The sun was shining.

Anyhow, I picked out four cigars which totaled about twenty bucks. The thing about spending too much time in a walk-in humidor is that you find more stuff to tempt you and, and, and, you get used to the high prices on the premium stuff so that, all of a sudden, five bucks a stick seems cheap. It's happened to all of us.

I exited the humidor and looked at the tins available. Most of them went for twenty U.S. dollars per tin. Too rich for my blood. I'm a Super-Value man.

This shop has a collection of glass jars with house blends so I studied the options. They were the usual things, probably from Lane: cherry, butterscotch, whiskey blend, you know the flavors. Burley Aros for the most part. Ho-hum. Four cigars and make a run for the border.

As I turned to make my way to the counter, though, clutching my four cigars like they were treasure, my eye caught sight of a jar on the shelf with all the other house blend jars----but this one was different. This blend was called, "Two Virgins and a Frenchmen."

"What is this?" I said to the girl behind the counter.

"It's our house blend," she said.

"Why is it called this?" I asked.

The girl behind the counter blushed. "Taste it. You'll see."

I bought an ounce. It cost me $3.99 plus tax.

It was a good smoke. I haven't bought it since. It was too spicy for me, but it did have red wine notes like Jim Inks describes in EGR. I still haven't tried EGR, which is something that is probably right up my alley.

That day in the B&M was probably eight years ago. The sun was shining.

Whenever I think of that day, I think of you, @Ruffinogold . You used to own a B&M.

Now, what were we talking about? Oh, I just checked. This is the "Is This Worth Reading" thread. Oh, well.

Now that was worth reading :king:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:12 pm
Now that was worth reading :king:

Thank you. :king:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.