Cob Mud

Riff89

I only added mud to a couple of cobs. Both of which the shank wasn’t pushed in all the way leaving a big gap between the shank end and inside of bowl. I problem could’ve left it alone and had no issue but I decided to fill the gap and it worked out pretty well. An otherwise sound pipe doesn’t need any mud.
Puff nstuff

The more I smoke it, the better it smokes. And the angle tamping definitely helps it along. I've had a tendency to dump the ash off the top of the bowl In the past, but I understand now that it wasn't really necessary or doing any good. Smoking is getting easier this way, just tamping a bit as I go. And man, the Drexel VIII VaPer is really working good in this cob!
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Puff nstuff wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:50 pm The more I smoke it, the better it smokes. And the angle tamping definitely helps it along. I've had a tendency to dump the ash off the top of the bowl In the past, but I understand now that it wasn't really necessary or doing any good. Smoking is getting easier this way, just tamping a bit as I go. And man, the Drexel VIII VaPer is really working good in this cob!
That Drexel 7 was pretty good straightforward blend. I've noticed it's not in stock anywhere and even the other blends are near gone . I've got a feeling that brand didn't make it.
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Puff nstuff

Well, I don't quite know what first inspired me to try Drexel VIII, but it was probably because it was a VaPer flake that was on sale and had decent reviews. I'm a cheap bastard and had no experience with flake tobacco, so I guess it all fell together. I like it.
Now, all it took was for you @@Ruffinogold to remind me of Drexel's likely demise as a stocked brand to go looking for more before it's gone forever. And I did find some in the clearance section of P&C, so I put together a small order that I'll post on the appropriate string.
Looks like Drexel's label was designed to appeal to steam punk hipsters from 10 years ago, so maybe that didn't do much for the overall longevity of the brand, which is too bad, because the quality of the product is there. I've tried both the VIII and the II, and really liked them both. I have a pouch of the only other available blend, the VI, which is an English, on the way as well.
So thanks for making me go and buy more tobacco, Ruff! :lol:
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪