Deep Penetration

Serenity

I always quit before anything can be sucked in my mouth, I hate hot ash!
JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

Serenity wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 pm I always quit before anything can be sucked in my mouth, I hate hot ash!
Oh, I dunno. My gal pal's is pretty cute. Thanks, I'm here all week. Tip your waitstaff. Try the specials.
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Still having a little dottle in the bottom of my bowls, but since pipe smoking compliance officers have never come around to inspect, I ain't worried.

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Dr Uhaha wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:13 pm Still having a little dottle in the bottom of my bowls, but since pipe smoking compliance officers have never come around to inspect, I ain't worried.

I think the PSCOs all frequent other forums.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Armycw2

I usually leave a bit in the bottom.. Life is too short to smoke wet funky tasting dottle
“If you can't send money, send tobacco.” GEN George Washington
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

The bottom is where the legal drugs are .

It just depends . Sometimes the smoking goes out and I'm like wth ... well , theres nothing left . Other times a bowl goes north and I dump it . A majority of the bowls I smoke , Im not paying any attention to it and I highly recommend that approach .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:53 pm Other times a bowl goes north and I dump it
LOL.. awesome little turn of phrase there.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:53 pm A majority of the bowls I smoke , Im not paying any attention to it and I highly recommend that approach .
Ditto. When I first picked up the pipe I obsessed with tamping, fine gray ash, smoking wet, dottle, number of relights, etc. etc. I guess it was to be expected, seeing as my instructors were the hipster crowd on youtube. (I really didn't know any better!) But then I happened upon the original PSF, and a coupla old-timers set me to rights. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

I don't worry about dottle very much. I'm a dry smoker and I don't generate generate a lot of saliva. I prefer my tobacco a little dry but not crispy. If a blend starts to goop up it gets dumped and I'm probably not going to order it again unless it can be dried enough to fix the problem without changing the flavor a bunch..
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

There is a reason why the Czech tool has a dottle spoon. Experienced pipe smokers know to expect a little dottle at the bottom of the bowl. It acts as a filter for everything up above it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.