Are You This Kind of Pipe Smoking Husband?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Smile and nod...smile and nod....
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Oh yeah, I'm there. But after 35 years, Dear Sweetie knows when I'm not "present"...and she'll call me on it. :(
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Nope not me... I have to pay strick close attention when she's taking or I'll never hear the end of it. She once snapped a wet kitchen rag through my jeans so hard it left a welt on my ass.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:45 pm Nope not me... I have to pay strick close attention when she's taking or I'll never hear the end of it. She once snapped a wet kitchen rag through my jeans so hard it left a welt on my ass.
I saw something like that happen on the Hallmark Channel.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I do that all the time, and I pay a hefty price for it. She's figured out that those are the times to ask me to do things I would normally never agree to. "Yah hon, sure, uh-huh, ok...."
Then I have to pay the piper when she brings it up later. I used to be able to deny that I agreed, but one time she recorded the conversation on her smartphone and I heard my vacant "yeah ok", and she had me dead to rights.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:46 pm Oh yeah, I'm there. But after 35 years, Dear Sweetie knows when I'm not "present"...and she'll call me on it. :(
After 36 years, my wife avoids having to talk to me at every opportunity. Plus, she thinks I should be able to read her mind (I pretty much can). She is pipe in the house friendly, so I got no complaints.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Well, I would be this kind of husband with or without pipes in my life, so I don't know. Traditionally I blame it on the transcendental meditation, Frank Zappa, and patchouli of my misspent youth.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:53 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:45 pm Nope not me... I have to pay strick close attention when she's taking or I'll never hear the end of it. She once snapped a wet kitchen rag through my jeans so hard it left a welt on my ass.
I saw something like that happen on the Hallmark Channel.
It left a mark alright.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:08 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:46 pm Oh yeah, I'm there. But after 35 years, Dear Sweetie knows when I'm not "present"...and she'll call me on it. :(
After 36 years, my wife avoids having to talk to me at every opportunity. Plus, she thinks I should be able to read her mind (I pretty much can). She is pipe in the house friendly, so I got no complaints.
If my wife would avoid me for 1 day I would be happy...everytime I turn around she's right there.
The Troll Whisperer