PSA - March Meer Madness™ 2021

Riff89

@Bruyere_Royale that would be pretty awesome lol. No dead animals allowed on the main floor of the house according to the wife. Not sure how the urn ⚱️ filled with her uncles ashes makes the cut and big Moe is relegated to the basement but that woman is an enigma wrapped in a conundrum.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Riff89 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:59 am @Bruyere_Royale that would be pretty awesome lol. No dead animals allowed on the main floor of the house according to the wife. Not sure how the urn ⚱️ filled with her uncles ashes makes the cut and big Moe is relegated to the basement but that woman is an enigma wrapped in a conundrum.
:lol:
They all come that way.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Here is a topic I never see discussed...coloring bowls.

An example: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ ... _id=400316

Effective or not? Would you spend the cabbage to find out? Discuss!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Jlando19

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:28 pm Here is a topic I never see discussed...coloring bowls.

Wait. Buy a bowl that cost more than my pipe which already has perfectly fine bowl.. Plug the bowl in my pipe with the new bowl so I can smoke out of a different bowl so my bowl colors evenly? Bowl.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:28 pm Here is a topic I never see discussed...coloring bowls.

Discuss!
For the pipe smoker who has nothing to think about except for how his meer is coloring.

"IMP Meerschaum features a stylish coloring bowl that both catches the eye and is quite utilitarian. Smoothly rendered with a fetching, wrapping ridgeline just under the rim mirroring one near the base and displaying a Dublin-like taper, this is a handsomely designed piece. Coloring bowls have been around for more than 150 years and they serve a sole purpose: to evenly distribute the darkening hues of a meerschaum pipe. This is achieved by inserting the cork into a bowl's chamber, effectively creating a seal and ensuring the patina permeates the pipe consistently."

While I admire the patina of my greasy finger print-covered pipe bowls, I don't smoke my pipes like they are works of art. It a pipe. My pipe is as handy as a socket wrench. Enjoying the tobacco in the bowl at this moment is more important than what this pipe is going to look like on the collector's market. That's why I love smoking MacBaren HH Latakia Flake in my Zip-Tie Yello-Bole Checker. When worlds collide, you are that much closer to Heaven.

A cobbled together pipe assemblage, over time, man and pipe, over time, is much more rewarding than the first time you smoke a new pipe. First smokes can be deceiving. I like a pipe that has scars, like I have scars. I'm not a pipe reviewer. I'm in the trenches, man. It's tough to decide which pipe is best for which blend. I toss caution the wind. Who cares? Smoke it if you have it.

Who cares what the pipe looks like? It's not like my heirs are going to get a posthumous award when my favorite pipe is bought in a thrift shop. Smoke the heck out of whatever pipe you have and burn and stain the heck out of it. Eat fried chicken, fried oysters, a ham sandwich, anything, and don't wash your hands before you pick up your pipe.

The journey to a burned out ruined pipe is part of the adventure. Do you want your pipe to outlive you or do you want to put your pipe through its paces and outlive it? I like my pipe like I like my women. I like my pipe like I like my friends. I like to know what I like and I like to know what I don't like.

Choose wisely which pipe smoking path you want to travel, young grasshopper. Focus on what is important and spend your money wisely.
Last edited by Citizen B on Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Jlando19 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:51 pm

Wait. Buy a bowl that cost more than my pipe which already has perfectly fine bowl.. Plug the bowl in my pipe with the new bowl so I can smoke out of a different bowl so my bowl colors evenly? Bowl.
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Meerschaum! lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I have a hard time going to that website let alone read their wacky descriptions of everything. Coloring bowl? Utilitarian? No thanks.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:55 pm I have a hard time going to that website let alone read their wacky descriptions of everything. Coloring bowl? Utilitarian? No thanks.
None of those descriptions were written for you, or for me, or for most of the people on PSF. I don't know who those descriptions are written for, but, if I needed to think of a word to describe their target demographic, I would spell it S-U-C-K-E-R. No offense to anyone who loves that link. It's not for me. I have too much tobacco under my belt and too many dead pipes in my wake.

Quality is underrated.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

I mean you could just throw your bowl into a cold smoker for a few hours and get it colored with the quickness but where would the fun be in that?

I have considered blowing smoke across it while I smoke a cigar and stare at my pipe. Cause I think it looks that cool! Lol.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Talking about Meerschaum pipes and how they color is such an interesting topic of conversation. No wonder March is Meer Month!

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.