Pipe smoking and zoom respect?

arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Middle Earth wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:58 am
arturo7 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:35 pm
arturo7 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:34 pm I would love to fire up during video meetings.

Unfortunately, the window in my office doesn't open and I'm quite a ways from the front door.
Good idea quoting a reliable source
Glad I didn't find fault in his logic.
ever forward
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I have never been in a Zoom meeting but you are echoing one reason why I always wear a suit when I'm conducting business.

It's like when I'm in a bar and somebody says, "Let's ask that guy. He looks like he knows something. He's the only one in here who's wearing a suit." Guess who.

I've never carried an unlit pipe. It always seemed pretentious to me, but, I did know someone who did and he didn't smoke it. He just carried it for effect. The effect was ruined when he had to 'fess up that he never smoked it. You're a couple steps ahead of that guy!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:20 pm I have never been in a Zoom meeting but you are echoing one reason why I always wear a suit when I'm conducting business.

It's like when I'm in a bar and somebody says, "Let's ask that guy. He looks like he knows something. He's the only one in here who's wearing a suit." Guess who.

I've never carried an unlit pipe. It always seemed pretentious to me, but, I did know someone who did and he didn't smoke it. He just carried it for effect. The effect was ruined when he had to 'fess up that he never smoked it. You're a couple steps ahead of that guy!
Yeah, except...I'm smoking the pipe in my own house because I LIKE smoking my pipe and could care less what others think. I just happened to notice this response. I am not out there trying for it.