Flake storage

callbr549

I just received a half pound of Gawith and Hogarth Bob's Chocolate Flake (there's no accounting for taste). It comes to me in what looks like a small brick about 6 inches long. Most bulks I store in glass canning jars to keep fresh and age, but this isn't going to fit, unless I mutilate it first. Any suggestions for a good way of storing this block? It will take me quite a while to go through this; I do like this blend, but not something I smoke that often.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

6 inches by ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Sounds like a job for a Mylar bag and a clothes iron.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Slice it to fit and plunk it in a jar. Leave it exposed for too long and you may end up with Bob's Flake instead of Bob's Chocolate Flake. I like Coniston Cut Plug so I got one of those 500gr. or whatever they are the last drop from Samuel Gawith. I fell upon it like a wild Apache with a scalping knife and got it trimmed up in no time. I rub flakes out completely so you may need to use more care than I did. Sharp knife, clean jar is the way to go in my opinion.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Lostdog5152 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:19 pm Slice it to fit and plunk it in a jar. Leave it exposed for too long and you may end up with Bob's Flake instead of Bob's Chocolate Flake. I like Coniston Cut Plug so I got one of those 500gr. or whatever they are the last drop from Samuel Gawith. I fell upon it like a wild Apache with a scalping knife and got it trimmed up in no time. I rub flakes out completely so you may need to use more care than I did. Sharp knife, clean jar is the way to go in my opinion.
agree . Its gonna get cut so why not now
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Any kind of storage you use is flake storage. 😜🤠😎
God and Texas!