Filters

rlucas
Member in Good Standing

I know not everyone prefers a filter. Not what this topic is about. I have pipes that use them and some that don't. So, for those folks that use them, how often do you change them?
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

rlucas wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:07 am I know not everyone prefers a filter. Not what this topic is about. I have pipes that use them and some that don't. So, for those folks that use them, how often do you change them?
When I think of it.

Not every time but I'll occasionally think I should change the filter so I break down the pipe and take a look. I'm usually right. If it's not time, I don't change it. It's got to be really black and wet and gummy, not gross but unsalvageable, and then I throw it out.

This isn't particularly handy information for you, I know, but it's all I've got.

I'll estimate every three bowls, more or less depending on the tobacco, but, I really have no idea----it's a total guesstimate.

I know some guys rest their filters so that they dry out and they get more life out of these simple paper tubes that cost twelve cents apiece. I'm not one of those guys. I'm not that frugal.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Every session. Whether it be one bowl or a few.
ever forward
Hawkwood

After "several" [3-5] bowls. The kind of baccy smoked is a factor.
Middle Earth

Once
Either smoke without it if the draw works or get an adapter and eliminate it
But if I liked filters, I would learn from these responses
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I keep them till they turn black, , then I squeeze out the juice , which I then boil and reduce and inject behind the eyeballs... its freaking fantastic and allows you to see the angels and demons that are all around us . They freak out when they realize you can see them. The chic demons are pretty hot but I'd advice to not mingle with them :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:48 pm I keep them till they turn black, , then I squeeze out the juice , which I then boil and reduce and inject behind the eyeballs... its freaking fantastic and allows you to see the angels and demons that are all around us . They freak out when they realize you can see them. The chic demons are pretty hot but I'd advice to not mingle with them :thumbs:
I see a white filter and I want to turn it black.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

To get back on topic, @rlucas , are you smoking your filtered pipes with filters? What do you think?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Sometimes I smoke them with filters, sometimes not. I also have non filter pipes. I usually change them when tobacco starts tasting nasty. Just my opinion. I was curious to see what other did and maybe ask what someone didn't want to.
To get back on topic, @rlucas , are you smoking your filtered pipes with filters? What do you think?
[/quote]
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:48 pm The chic demons are pretty hot but I'd advice to not mingle with them :thumbs:
Been there, done that, went back for more...
ever forward