Tobacco Slump

Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I should have added “or just what’s laying there because I’m feeling to lazy to go look for something different.”
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:40 pm Ah , the phase shift . It sounds like your either messed up with Spring sinus something or other .... or .... youre fixin to have a " change up " . It happens . Sometimes some things get worn out feeling/ tasting and somethng else will pop . Its like another phase and its no big deal .

I can remember going through phases a little bit over the years and it may yet happen again , though I dont know what else it could be baue I think Ive gone through them all . Just for fun Ill try and remember some of them .

I remember not liking aromatics for a phase . It was prior to going into boot camp and lasted maybe a year . I can remember tasting something in Carter Hall , lol ,, and it tasted " aromaticish " to me and turned me off . During that time I was in Chicago for the most part and I was killing IRC Private blend and dabbling in a few other of their non aromatics

I can remember a phase , which was probably 6 months , where I was only smoking Englis styled blends , mostly PS EOS and Dunhill Standard Mixture med . This was a bit after the " Chicago incident " .

Ive had " Go To " phases , though i couldnt tell you the years it occurred . Edgeworth RR and Amphora brown were my thing until Three Nuns . Each of those was for a good while At some point I went with MB Scottish . When I moved up here , I was just getting on with MBGE and MB Scottish were going back and forth till I landed with MBGE

Its interesting you bring this up because just today I was down in the hell hole itself [ atlanta ] and I was smoking some 10 year old MBGE and I was kinda missing the Scottish . Recently I was knocking the Idea of Ace of Spades as my go to but Its a little rougher on me than GE or Scottish .Turns out I cant smoke many bowls of Ace of spades in a day , at least not back to back

Hey , could just be change of season and pollen messing with you . Honestly , I think its that crappy C&D and H&H stuff catching up with you :lol:
Allergies may be it. It’s shitty. I went to Stogies and grabbed some new tins to try. Because my cellar is pretty all the same style blends.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Tsal wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:46 pm I have not gone through this slump you describe. Try some Lake District stuff.
Sounds like it could work. I’ll need to dig out some GH
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:55 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:40 pm Ah , the phase shift . It sounds like your either messed up with Spring sinus something or other .... or .... youre fixin to have a " change up " . It happens . Sometimes some things get worn out feeling/ tasting and somethng else will pop . Its like another phase and its no big deal .

I can remember going through phases a little bit over the years and it may yet happen again , though I dont know what else it could be baue I think Ive gone through them all . Just for fun Ill try and remember some of them .

I remember not liking aromatics for a phase . It was prior to going into boot camp and lasted maybe a year . I can remember tasting something in Carter Hall , lol ,, and it tasted " aromaticish " to me and turned me off . During that time I was in Chicago for the most part and I was killing IRC Private blend and dabbling in a few other of their non aromatics

I can remember a phase , which was probably 6 months , where I was only smoking Englis styled blends , mostly PS EOS and Dunhill Standard Mixture med . This was a bit after the " Chicago incident " .

Ive had " Go To " phases , though i couldnt tell you the years it occurred . Edgeworth RR and Amphora brown were my thing until Three Nuns . Each of those was for a good while At some point I went with MB Scottish . When I moved up here , I was just getting on with MBGE and MB Scottish were going back and forth till I landed with MBGE

Its interesting you bring this up because just today I was down in the hell hole itself [ atlanta ] and I was smoking some 10 year old MBGE and I was kinda missing the Scottish . Recently I was knocking the Idea of Ace of Spades as my go to but Its a little rougher on me than GE or Scottish .Turns out I cant smoke many bowls of Ace of spades in a day , at least not back to back

Hey , could just be change of season and pollen messing with you . Honestly , I think its that crappy C&D and H&H stuff catching up with you :lol:
Allergies may be it. It’s shitty. I went to Stogies and grabbed some new tins to try. Because my cellar is pretty all the same style blends.
Hey , one to try is McConnel Latakia flake . Have you had it ? If not , I think its different than whats been on your radar and it is super smooth and exceptional . Its really not so " Englishy "
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Try a blend with a silly name. Maybe it will make ya chuckle a bit. Therefore enjoying the experience more! Or maybe not. Just a thought.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Thanks gents for the recommendations. I think the talk of going through phases is a good one that should have its own thread, if it doesn’t. It makes a lot of sense. I still consider myself happy to be able to smoke anything and I usually enjoy whatever I am smoking. I may prefer to smoke another blend but the blend I am smoking is still good. No one is trying to make crap out there.

I grabbed some new blends and hope to crack a tin tomorrow and give it a whirl.

I am leaning towards it being allergies. I never had allergies growing up, but it is so terrible here in South GA. 2 weeks to go till the big move. I describe the way I feel and my Wife is sure its allergies. Its like being sick but not feeling sick. Its terrible and doesn’t make sense why humans haven’t adapted to this tree pollen crap already. Someone said if it looks like that on your car, imagine that in your lungs!

I need some clean North Dakota air man, you know?

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:48 pm Thanks gents for the recommendations. I think the talk of going through phases is a good one that should have its own thread, if it doesn’t. It makes a lot of sense. I still consider myself happy to be able to smoke anything and I usually enjoy whatever I am smoking. I may prefer to smoke another blend but the blend I am smoking is still good. No one is trying to make crap out there.

I grabbed some new blends and hope to crack a tin tomorrow and give it a whirl.

I am leaning towards it being allergies. I never had allergies growing up, but it is so terrible here in South GA. 2 weeks to go till the big move. I describe the way I feel and my Wife is sure its allergies. Its like being sick but not feeling sick. Its terrible and doesn’t make sense why humans haven’t adapted to this tree pollen crap already. Someone said if it looks like that on your car, imagine that in your lungs!

I need some clean North Dakota air man, you know?

Those will keep you busy a bit :thumbs:
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:54 am ……..

What do you do when you are in a Tobacco Slump? And have you gone through this before?
I’m still in a post Covid symptom slump
Taste buds are weak and sense of smell is shot

2 and a half years now……
:facepalm:
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

rekamepip wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:06 am

What do you do when you are in a Tobacco Slump? And have you gone through this before?

2 and a half years now……
Each time I had covid it didnt last more than a few weeks. But the smokes all sucked. The first time I had it, before it was a symptom, I flat out couldnt taste anything for a month
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

rekamepip wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:06 am

2 and a half years now……
No shit .. I didnt know . Thats horrible ... frigging chinese