Introducing myself

callbr549

New member here. Pipe smoker for 21 years, currently living in Minnesota but originally from Kentucky. I haven't been active on a forum since the early 2000s when I was on Yahoo Pipesmokers 2 forum a lot -- that's where I picked up most of my pipe and tobacco knowledge such as it is.

I like balkan blends (which I think of as more oriental forward) and English blends (which I think of as more latakia, less orientals -- these are categories only in my mind - don't know that anyone else thinks of it that way). Sometimes straight Virginia or VA/Per. On rare occasions when I'm going to be around people more I will do an aromatic - Peterson Sweet Killarney or Solani Sweet Mystery X. I have a small cellar, which has a shockingly high value based on what I see online from vintage resellers. It consists mostly of Dunhill London Mixture which was my holy grail tobacco and then got discontinued.

I just placed a large (for me) order of samples of bulk Balkans, motivated by news of more tax hikes being considered. My plan is to find a bulk Balkan I like then buy enough to carry me through for a long time. I should probably calibrate my consumption rate and multiply by life expectancy. I found this forum searching "bulk balkan"

Look forward to seeing how the conversations here play out.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

welcome to PSF!
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Welcome aboard!
The Troll Whisperer
ncrobb
Founding Member

Good morning and welcome!
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Middle Earth

Greetings and Salutations from the Springfield Plateau
Arango Balkan Supreme seems like a logical bulk blend to try if you have not done so
Armycw2

Welcome aboard!
“If you can't send money, send tobacco.” GEN George Washington
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Welcome to the Forum!
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Welcome to PSF!

I've packed several pounds of Balkan Supreme in Mylar for the pending Tobaccalypse. One thing is for sure - it'll never be cheaper than it is right now.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Welcome friend! If you break anything while you're surfing about the place, fear not... Just blame me.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Riff89

Welcome!!