What Are You Smoking February 2019

Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

oldbill wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:21 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:44 pm
oldbill wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:30 pm I used to chew that about 30 years ago, good chit! ;)
Whaaaaat? Cannon Plug was chew?
Sorry guys, I was thinking of "Cannonball" which is a plug of chewing tobacco. I was wondering why y'all were smoking that stuff! :lol:
Wow! I remember chewing that in 7th grade, walking home from school in Huron, SD... in the snow. We used to chew Hawkins at recess, but I preferred thick chew like Redman. I saw this in the store and it looked like a big chew brownie. LOL I had to have one, so I bought one "for my dad, ma'am." It was so flavorful, so thick and chewy sweet, and it made the most satisfying black splatter in the snow. ;)

Man, I felt like a baseball player chewing a cheek full of that stuff. It was such a gooooood chew. Mmm mm mmmm. :king: I can't imagine smoking it, though.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Longshanks wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:19 pm
oldbill wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:21 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:44 pm
Whaaaaat? Cannon Plug was chew?
Sorry guys, I was thinking of "Cannonball" which is a plug of chewing tobacco. I was wondering why y'all were smoking that stuff! :lol:
Wow! I remember chewing that in 7th grade, walking home from school in Huron, SD... in the snow. We used to chew Hawkins at recess, but I preferred thick chew like Redman. I saw this in the store and it looked like a big chew brownie. LOL I had to have one, so I bought one "for my dad, ma'am." It was so flavorful, so thick and chewy sweet, and it made the most satisfying black splatter in the snow. ;)

Man, I felt like a baseball player chewing a cheek full of that stuff. It was such a gooooood chew. Mmm mm mmmm. :king: I can't imagine smoking it, though.
Yep, you describe it pretty well. It almost tasted like they'd put molasses in it, rich and sweet. ;) :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:20 am LC Vabur in a Grand Duke 70. I got this pipe last Saturday at Walgreens. Smoking the new out of it.

Last I checked our Walgreens didn't have any pipes :cry:
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Having a bowl of English in the XL305 before heading to sleepy land. :)
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Sammy G navy flake in the svendborg bent brandy egg contraption on a slightly rainy evening here in the land of fruits and nuts
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

oldbill wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 pm
Longshanks wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:19 pm
oldbill wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:21 pm Sorry guys, I was thinking of "Cannonball" which is a plug of chewing tobacco. I was wondering why y'all were smoking that stuff! :lol:

Yep, you describe it pretty well. It almost tasted like they'd put molasses in it, rich and sweet. ;) :D
An interesting article in Texas Monthly Magazine on chewing tobacco. :D
https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/t ... knowledge/
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

rekamepip wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:54 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:20 am LC Vabur in a Grand Duke 70. I got this pipe last Saturday at Walgreens. Smoking the new out of it.

Last I checked our Walgreens didn't have any pipes :cry:
They hide them on the very bottom shelf. Every single Wallgreens here has a couple Legends and at least two Grabows on the shelf. I've actually surprised a couple clerks who had no idea they were even down there.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
SidStavros
Member in Good Standing

Briar Patch Chocolate Cream.
Blog for the New pipe smoker: http://Pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Good morning, smoking dark flake scented in a Kapruf 80s and drinking my Bustelo as I wait in a queue.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in Silver Duke pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017