Smoking frequency

User avatar
Ronv69
Founding Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 pm

rekamepip wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm
gotta say it always amazes me to hear guys say like @ruffinogold that they can smoke while they work. i can barely walk and smoke at the same time! just crossing the floor of the den with my pipe in my mouth is a major challenge. yeah... i'm not real athletic. :lol:
I can clench a pipe with no problem while sitting in my office chair
but if i get up and move around something tells my mouth to drop saliva uncontrollably
Im thinking that hypnosis therapy may be an answer to this problem
If I tried to clench one of my "your" pipes, I would break a tooth.
This post by Ronv69 liked by (total 3):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMikeDennison
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 2986
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:05 am

Ronv69 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 pm
Bro Uhaha wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 pm
Don't tell anyone, but I decided to test this alleged 'smoke' allergy by taping a used cigarette butt under his $2500 office chair one week.

What happened to him? Absolutely nothing. Empirical evidence that some people are full of it.
I'm a big fan of Empirical evidence, nice one! Lol... Smoking "allergies" is a crock in my opinion, there's asthma, emphasima and the likes and then there's controlling crybabies.
I was never bothered by cigarette smoke until we got on the plane to come home from Orlando. I was having spasms from the cigarette smoke. I had been around much worse for many years without a problem. I still can't be in a room with cigarettes smoke. Pipe tobacco doesn't faze me.
Being on a smoke filled plane isn't fun, agreed, but I'm not gonna sit there and whine and complain and make up shit just to have everyone put their cigarettes out.. I was so excited to fly when I was younger and to be able to sit in the "smoking section" so I could smoke. I was on a 10hr flight to Italy, I think I smoked two cigarettes and had to put the second one out because the air was so dry I felt like a raisin.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 5):
Fr_TomMikeDennisonRuffinogoldRonv69Maynard
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Image
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:16 am

Ronv69 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:45 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm
gotta say it always amazes me to hear guys say like @ruffinogold that they can smoke while they work. i can barely walk and smoke at the same time! just crossing the floor of the den with my pipe in my mouth is a major challenge. yeah... i'm not real athletic. :lol:
You have to understand Ruff's idea of "work"😜🤠
:lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:19 am

rekamepip wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm
gotta say it always amazes me to hear guys say like @ruffinogold that they can smoke while they work. i can barely walk and smoke at the same time! just crossing the floor of the den with my pipe in my mouth is a major challenge. yeah... i'm not real athletic. :lol:
I can clench a pipe with no problem while sitting in my office chair
but if i get up and move around something tells my mouth to drop saliva uncontrollably
Im thinking that hypnosis therapy may be an answer to this problem
Yes! That happens! :lol:
I blow ash, inadvertantly spill, knock the bowl into things...it's truly Krameresque. Best for me to sit still and puff away in peace.
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 5):
Bro UhahaRonv69Bruyere_RoyaleMaynardrekamepip
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Bro Uhaha
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:47 am

MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:19 am
rekamepip wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:12 pm
gotta say it always amazes me to hear guys say like @ruffinogold that they can smoke while they work. i can barely walk and smoke at the same time! just crossing the floor of the den with my pipe in my mouth is a major challenge. yeah... i'm not real athletic. :lol:
I can clench a pipe with no problem while sitting in my office chair
but if i get up and move around something tells my mouth to drop saliva uncontrollably
Im thinking that hypnosis therapy may be an answer to this problem
Yes! That happens! :lol:
I blow ash, inadvertantly spill, knock the bowl into things...it's truly Krameresque. Best for me to sit still and puff away in peace.
Many moons ago when I was a letter carrier in South Austin I used to cruise my route on foot all day with a medium-sized meerschaum pipe clenched in my teeth. Between that and the ZZ Top-esque beard I had at the time I got a lot of attention and made a lot of friends, which was nice, but not the point - I was just being myself.

You can work with a pipe without blowing your bowl (which is a multi-purpose metaphor) but you have to find the one that suits you. Walking my route I had about half-a-dozen pipe brothers who were always glad to see me. 'Have a nice day.' :D
This post by Bro Uhaha liked by (total 6):
Fr_TomPreacher1611MikeDennisonRonv69Bruyere_RoyaleMaynard
User avatar
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 11:32 am
Location: Van Schaick Island, NY

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:23 am

I would smoke way more if I could smoke at work. In NY you're not allowed to smoke inside restaurants, businesses or pretty much anywhere indoors. We're not even allowed to smoke outdoors in certain places! Absolutely ridiculous! Where I work there is a certain "we sell flammable gases" nonsense for why we can't smoke. Honestly, as unsafe as it MAYBE could be... this place has been open for 100 years and we've only been unable to smoke in here for 10 or 11 years soooo... how dangerous is it really? All the flammables smell, so if you can smell them it isn't safe, if you can't they aren't present. I smoke at work when we're closed and I'm counting inventory; I smoke a pipe pretty much the whole time then. The nannies say that the people who vape can't even do that anymore, because the tiny little spark inside the device may cause an explosion, yet, we use OPEN FLAME on things all the time, everywhere in the building! We light oxy/ace torches and Bernzomatic torches all the time. Tell me again NY why I can't smoke at my desk.
This post by Preacher1611 liked by (total 6):
RuffinogoldRonv69Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMaynardMikeDennison
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 am

Bro Uhaha wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:47 am
MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:19 am
rekamepip wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 pm
I can clench a pipe with no problem while sitting in my office chair
but if i get up and move around something tells my mouth to drop saliva uncontrollably
Im thinking that hypnosis therapy may be an answer to this problem
Yes! That happens! :lol:
I blow ash, inadvertantly spill, knock the bowl into things...it's truly Krameresque. Best for me to sit still and puff away in peace.
Many moons ago when I was a letter carrier in South Austin I used to cruise my route on foot all day with a medium-sized meerschaum pipe clenched in my teeth. Between that and the ZZ Top-esque beard I had at the time I got a lot of attention and made a lot of friends, which was nice, but not the point - I was just being myself.

You can work with a pipe without blowing your bowl (which is a multi-purpose metaphor) but you have to find the one that suits you. Walking my route I had about half-a-dozen pipe brothers who were always glad to see me. 'Have a nice day.' :D
I expect with a lot of practice, a few ruined shirts, and burn holes in my beard and 'stache, I might get the hang of it. :D
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 5):
Ronv69RuffinogoldBruyere_RoyalePreacher1611Maynard
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
User avatar
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 11:32 am
Location: Van Schaick Island, NY

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 am

MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 am
Bro Uhaha wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:47 am
MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:19 am
Yes! That happens! :lol:
I blow ash, inadvertantly spill, knock the bowl into things...it's truly Krameresque. Best for me to sit still and puff away in peace.
Many moons ago when I was a letter carrier in South Austin I used to cruise my route on foot all day with a medium-sized meerschaum pipe clenched in my teeth. Between that and the ZZ Top-esque beard I had at the time I got a lot of attention and made a lot of friends, which was nice, but not the point - I was just being myself.

You can work with a pipe without blowing your bowl (which is a multi-purpose metaphor) but you have to find the one that suits you. Walking my route I had about half-a-dozen pipe brothers who were always glad to see me. 'Have a nice day.' :D
I expect with a lot of practice, a few ruined shirts, and burn holes in my beard and 'stache, I might get the hang of it. :D
I burned my eyelid once while walking and smoking... It was more outta stupidity than anything else as I was smoking, walking, long-haired and young. My hair was in my face and I tipped me ole noggin' and shook the hair back... ash and ember then proceeded to fly out of the bowl and into my face. :lol:
This post by Preacher1611 liked by (total 4):
RuffinogoldMikeDennisonMaynardRonv69
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1802
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:11 am

Just yesterday I was on the rider mower and was smoking PS Cube Cut in a very wide GBD Pot .... made a turn to avoid a branch but kinda failed . Pipe smacked in face and hot cubes down shirt etc ... us pipe smokers are a tuff lot
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 4):
MaynardRonv69MikeDennisonPreacher1611
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 2020
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:16 am

Preacher1611 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 am
MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 am
Bro Uhaha wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:47 am
Many moons ago when I was a letter carrier in South Austin I used to cruise my route on foot all day with a medium-sized meerschaum pipe clenched in my teeth. Between that and the ZZ Top-esque beard I had at the time I got a lot of attention and made a lot of friends, which was nice, but not the point - I was just being myself.

You can work with a pipe without blowing your bowl (which is a multi-purpose metaphor) but you have to find the one that suits you. Walking my route I had about half-a-dozen pipe brothers who were always glad to see me. 'Have a nice day.' :D
I expect with a lot of practice, a few ruined shirts, and burn holes in my beard and 'stache, I might get the hang of it. :D
I burned my eyelid once while walking and smoking... It was more outta stupidity than anything else as I was smoking, walking, long-haired and young. My hair was in my face and I tipped me ole noggin' and shook the hair back... ash and ember then proceeded to fly out of the bowl and into my face. :lol:
ROFL! Hilarious!
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 3):
MaynardRonv69Preacher1611
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Post Reply