What Are You Smoking July 2020

Chef Benny
Codger in Training

ImageImage

DAY #22 / COB #22 / CORN DOG #5

THE BENT ROXY !?!?!?!

"It can't be! Missouri Meerschaum didn't make a bent Roxy model. Theres no such thing! Its not in the old catalogs!"

Yeah yeah yeah.. You probably dont believe in unicorns either!

Smoking pixie dust & Drinking unicorn milk!

#Don't stop believing !
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Chef Benny wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:20 pm ImageImage

DAY #22 / COB #22 / CORN DOG #5

THE BENT ROXY !?!?!?!

"It can't be! Missouri Meerschaum didn't make a bent Roxy model. Theres no such thing! Its not in the old catalogs!"

Yeah yeah yeah.. You probably dont believe in unicorns either!

Smoking pixie dust & Drinking unicorn milk!

#Don't stop believing !
Ermagerd, Chef almost thou persuadest me to move to Nevada, home of The Magical Cobs!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Bamarick

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:53 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:47 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:52 pm
Try this, it's good, I shit you not. White bread. mayo (not Miracle Whip), peanut butter, and a slice of tomato. That is slap yo' mama good!

HGL in the neat little Vittoria prince I'm so fond of.
I would like to know the story on how this came about? I imagine you stumbling in from a night out and holding onto the refrigerator door. Lol
A guy I know from Alabama told me about it. I tried it and it was dee-lishus. I figured it was an Alabama thang but our own [mention]Bamarick[/mention] disavows any knowledge of such a thang. lol
You're dang tootin' I disavow any knowledge of such a "thang". Ain't no way Peanut Butter will ever touch my "Mater Samich"
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bamarick wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:47 pm I would like to know the story on how this came about? I imagine you stumbling in from a night out and holding onto the refrigerator door. Lol
A guy I know from Alabama told me about it. I tried it and it was dee-lishus. I figured it was an Alabama thang but our own [mention]Bamarick[/mention] disavows any knowledge of such a thang. lol
You're dang tootin' I disavow any knowledge of such a "thang". Ain't no way Peanut Butter will ever touch my "Mater Samich"
Here's proof [mention]Bamarick[/mention] is consistent! That was a great thread! All about bread and sammiches.
viewtopic.php?p=21452#p21452
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Man, I'm missing all the great banter. Sandwiches, Elvis, and Grabow!
First off, that Eldorado looks to have a natural(light brown) stain over the later red, and the stem appears to be Vulcanite, and it's stamped. Betting it's from the 70s, if it came with a stinger that might help narrow down a date.

Second, I'm with Rick, tomatoes get no peanut butter. Now peanut butter and Vidalia onion, yeah. Even more adventurous? Peanut butter and horseradish. Really. No fooling. Back to the fooling, peanut butter and jellyfish is fit for a king.

Lastly, Elvis had immaculate taste in about everything but what be ingested. But that's what made his in between song rambles so exquisite. Live 70s Elvis, just tops.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:26 pm
Here's proof [mention]Bamarick[/mention] is consistent! That was a great thread! All about bread and sammiches.
Well h*ll, I've always loved PB sandwiches and sliced tomato sandwiches... Might have to conduct an experiment. ✔
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:41 pm Man, I'm missing all the great banter. Sandwiches, Elvis, and Grabow!

Second, I'm with Rick, tomatoes get no peanut butter. Now peanut butter and Vidalia onion, yeah. Even more adventurous? Peanut butter and horseradish. Really. No fooling. Back to the fooling, peanut butter and jellyfish is fit for a king.

Don't be too hasty about the tomato, PB, & mayo...it's delightful. If you check out what I posted a couple of years ago, I'm right there with you on the PB and onion or horseradish. I'll be trying those for sure. Check out one of my favorites:
viewtopic.php?p=11547#p11547
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:53 am
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:58 pm Busy! Running around with a Radice and SWRA, more coffeeeeeeee
Image100k
Nice Hawkbill!
Thanks!
Try Cob

Dr Uhaha wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:16 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:26 pm

Well h*ll, I've always loved PB sandwiches and sliced tomato sandwiches... Might have to conduct an experiment. ✔
And despite my earlier protestations to the contrary, in which I assured Kevin Keith that I trusted him enough to take his word for its deliciousness without verifying, I did decide upon an experiment after all which says, uh... I don't trust him any at all? :D

Actually, I sometimes don't get as much protein as I should with my regular diet. After a tomato sandwich this morning, and an acorn squash with cornbread dinner, I found myself a wee bit peckish, wanting another tomato sandwich this evening... Had a very small portion of ground beef with the squash and cornbread, but very, very small. So a little peanut butter seemed a good idea under the circumstances.

Okay, it didn't ruin the sandwich at all, and while I may be less enamored of it than KK, I have to admit it's not bad at all. Yes, I prefer it without, but tomatoes and peanut butter go together much better than I expected. Next time, though, I'll simply have a little more meat with my dinner veggies. Time to cook some high-protein beans for a little red beans 'n' rice protein action. Oh, and for me the fat in the PB doesn't hurt any, either.

(Even now, KK is having a beer with some of you, laughing about how he talked that TC dumbass in Oklahoma to put PB on his tomato sandwich, isn't he?)
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

OJK in the Roxy II

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017