What Are You Smoking September 2018

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

simplepipes wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:21 pm Virginia Scraps . . . Newly Modified MM Mark Twain . . . Diet Soda.

Spent only about 2 hours at the Kansas City Pipe Show. Picked out a few new cobs, a nice long pipe finished by Heath Piersel (Scotties Husband) and a pipe I had commissioned several years ago that I did not think would ever be finished. Not even close to the specs I had provided but I smiled and paid for it nonetheless (that's my rule . . . I commission it . . . I buy it whether I like it or not).

-sp
I hope you have posted some pictures in the new pipes thread.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

SG Perfection/PS Amsterdam mix in a Rossi author

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Same Low Country VaBur/BLWB blend in the same Algerian briar billiard.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:06 pm
simplepipes wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:21 pm Virginia Scraps . . . Newly Modified MM Mark Twain . . . Diet Soda.

Spent only about 2 hours at the Kansas City Pipe Show. Picked out a few new cobs, a nice long pipe finished by Heath Piersel (Scotties Husband) and a pipe I had commissioned several years ago that I did not think would ever be finished. Not even close to the specs I had provided but I smiled and paid for it nonetheless (that's my rule . . . I commission it . . . I buy it whether I like it or not).

-sp
I hope you have posted some pictures in the new pipes thread.

I will Father as soon as I figure out how to attach images . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

ODF-RR in a GBD pot

Old Ted Award - 2017
Wooda
Founding Member

GL Pease Cumberland, bowl after bowl in the Morgan Cob nosewarmer, all day long cutting wood.

I did not give this blend the intellectual attention it needs.

I honestly could not tell you what I tasted throughout the day, but it was varied and was damn good.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Wooda wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:18 pm GL Pease Cumberland, bowl after bowl in the Morgan Cob nosewarmer, all day long cutting wood.

I did not give this blend the intellectual attention it needs.

I honestly could not tell you what I tasted throughout the day, but it was varied and was damn good.
Cumberland is very good. I had exactly one tin, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:48 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:17 am
MikeDennison wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:11 am Bit embarrassed to keep posting pics of the same pipe and the same tobacco, but I guess since it's what I'm smoking... :)
A bowl of my Old Standby, Low Country VaBur/BLWB, in this no-name Algerian briar billiard. Coming to the bottom of the pouch, so I may refill this time with something else. Perhaps Lane Ready Rubbed. Or SWR. Yeah...I know...really adventurous.
Happy Saturday, all! :D
The "same pipe and the same tobacco" thing is very underrated. There are a few of us who know that there is no point in messing with success.
I suppose you're right, Padre. :) Of course, I'm the kinda guy who orders the same meal when I visit the same restaurant...time after time. If it's good, and I like it, why change it up? Gone are the days of my youth when I wanted to try something different all the time. :D
My wife's been eating roast pork lo mein going of 10 years. Doesn't matter which Chinese restaurant.Lol...
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

-sp
I follow the same rule of whether I like it or not. There are times where I almost bite through my tongue to keep my trap shut.
The Troll Whisperer
avid

Maynard wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:59 am ImageSmoking Granger in this Yello Bole.
another unusual pipe...great fun
insufferable filter guy