What Are You Smoking December 2018

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:11 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:00 pm Smoking Mid-Town Chestnut in a Eugene Rich era CustomBilt and drinking a bottle of Stewart's cream soda.
Everything is better with a cold bottle of Stewart's cream soda
Lol...
I remember growing up the Stewart's by my house still had girls on rollerskates. My grandfather would take us on Friday nights in the summer because the place would be packed. I was too young to realize why we stayed parked for a long time.
The Troll Whisperer
Bamarick

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:33 pm
Bamarick wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:25 pm Sutliff Red Ribbon in the Erik Nording Freehand. Two smokes in and this thing is taking on some color already. I wonder how this works?

My guess would be it's the natural oils in your hand.
Two smokes in and it's already changing and has changed enough that my wife has noticed it. It may well be the oils on my hand, but I never touched the top where it has darkened the most. The sides have darkened some, but I just don't think that my hands were that oily :o

The guy running the shop where I bought it has one he says that he's been smoking for some 20 years. The bowl is colored the deepest chocolate brown that I've ever seen. It was beautiful!
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bamarick wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:48 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:33 pm
Bamarick wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:25 pm Sutliff Red Ribbon in the Erik Nording Freehand. Two smokes in and this thing is taking on some color already. I wonder how this works?

My guess would be it's the natural oils in your hand.
Two smokes in and it's already changing and has changed enough that my wife has noticed it. It may well be the oils on my hand, but I never touched the top where it has darkened the most. The sides have darkened some, but I just don't think that my hands were that oily :o

The guy running the shop where I bought it has one he says that he's been smoking for some 20 years. The bowl is colored the deepest chocolate brown that I've ever seen. It was beautiful!
The heat from the bowl and the natural oil in your hand will definitely take on some color. Natural unfinished briar has great patina after a while. Looking forward to see the progress!
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Evening fellas, all settled in and I'm smoking dark aromatic flake in a English made system and drinking a mug of hot coco made with milk and miniature marshmallows.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Low Country Vabur in a Norm
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Just finished the bowl of Double Down in the Starfire pot I started before the service

ODF in a Starfire poker

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
slowroll
Founding Member

HH Latakia flake in my Pibe Dan tribute reform. Nice smoke.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
steamboat

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:20 pm Low Country Vabur in a Norm
That pipe is just plain amazing!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in a BST pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

ERR Match in a Mastercraft meer