What Are You Smoking January 2019

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Having some CH in the Roma this morning. It dropped down to about 25 last night, and it was apparently very foggy. Everything exposed to the fog is now frozen(including all my patio furniture). Brought one of our dining room chairs out in it with some moka pot coffee, trying to stay warm.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, so I took the day off. Still in my jams and robe, in the den, enjoying a bowl of my Old Standby (Low Country VaBur/BLWB) in an Algerian briar billiard. Coffee on the side. Pup asleep in the chair beside me.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Forgot the pic
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:17 pm Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, so I took the day off. Still in my jams and robe, in the den, enjoying a bowl of my Old Standby (Low Country VaBur/BLWB) in an Algerian briar billiard. Coffee on the side. Pup asleep in the chair beside me.
I am with you here. I have been hobbled for about 3 days now. I am feeling more like Ford Ranger today.. but man, when it first ran me over it was full on Kenworth W900.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Just did a little grocery shopping,... now I'm having a bowl of Balkan in the Aran to help me get over the 2 dents that were left in my car door by someone's grocery cart!!! :x Feeling better with every puff, Lord I love my pipe! :)
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:17 pm Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck
I am with you here. I have been hobbled for about 3 days now. I am feeling more like Ford Ranger today.. but man, when it first ran me over it was full on Kenworth W900.
That's pretty much it, man. Zero energy, zero motivation, achy... I don't wanna even get out of my chair. So I'm not.
Bamarick

It's cold here, at least for Alabama it is, but I braved the cold this morning and had a bowl of Jolly Old Saint Nick in the Elba pot. The more I use this pipe the more I like it

!Image
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Bamarick

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:17 pm Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck
That's pretty much it, man. Zero energy, zero motivation, achy... I don't wanna even get out of my chair. So I'm not.
Mike I seem to be the same way every day when it's "DDD", that's Damp Dark & Dismal. Even though I live in the so called "Sunny South" the damp cold we have just penetrates to the bone. If I were a rich man I would live in S. Florida in the winter.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:40 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 am

When you wake up and it's Monday
Lol... that gif gets me every time!
Right? Me too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bamarick wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Mike I seem to be the same way every day when it's "DDD", that's Damp Dark & Dismal. Even though I live in the so called "Sunny South" the damp cold we have just penetrates to the bone. If I were a rich man I would live in S. Florida in the winter.
I'm thinking you're right on the money. :D