What Are You Smoking January 2019

Thelonious monkfish

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:36 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:17 pm
Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, so I took the day off. Still in my jams and robe, in the den, enjoying a bowl of my Old Standby (Low Country VaBur/BLWB) in an Algerian briar billiard. Coffee on the side. Pup asleep in the chair beside me.
I am with you here. I have been hobbled for about 3 days now. I am feeling more like Ford Ranger today.. but man, when it first ran me over it was full on Kenworth W900.
Why don't you guys pick up some zinc or colloidal silver? I've had close to a handful of bugs in almost twenty years but they come and go in the course of a day. Can't imagine spending three days feeling the way I get for a few hours, rooting for you both to fully enjoy your pipes soon.

Had Grasmere in a Peterson after making some calls and while waiting for an appointment, think everything is taken care of now and I'm debating trying to squeeze in some work or just call it a day and make hot beverages/prep a few bowls.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 5):
IslayphileMikeDennisonncrobbMr BeardsleyIdlehands
houtenziel

Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:36 pm
houtenziel wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:17 pm
Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a truck, so I took the day off. Still in my jams and robe, in the den, enjoying a bowl of my Old Standby (Low Country VaBur/BLWB) in an Algerian briar billiard. Coffee on the side. Pup asleep in the chair beside me.
I am with you here. I have been hobbled for about 3 days now. I am feeling more like Ford Ranger today.. but man, when it first ran me over it was full on Kenworth W900.
Why don't you guys pick up some zinc or colloidal silver? I've had close to a handful of bugs in almost twenty years but they come and go in the course of a day. Can't imagine spending three days feeling the way I get for a few hours, rooting for you both to fully enjoy your pipes soon.

Had Grasmere in a Peterson after making some calls and while waiting for an appointment, think everything is taken care of now and I'm debating trying to squeeze in some work or just call it a day and make hot beverages/prep a few bowls.
It's funny you mention that, because I have actually been taking Zinc and Vitamin C like crazy. I have read about colloidal silver, but am still not entirely certain about it. My wife is a grade school teacher, and so she brings home the plague at least once a year. I don't have nearly the immune system she does, so it always takes me out.

CH/PA mix in the Roma.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 6):
Thelonious monkfishIslayphileMikeDennisonMr BeardsleyKevin KeithIdlehands
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
Thelonious monkfish

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:00 pm

I have no peer reviewed studies conclusively proving my findings but I'm pretty sure vitamin C doesn't do squat but keep scurvy at bay. I've used silver when necessary for many many years, have yet to turn gray. I recommend Sovereign Silver 10ppm, works for about anything. Almost lost a fingertip and the scar is virtually imperceptible, most of it vanished and the worst part looks like it's a crease line now.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 4):
houtenzielIslayphileMikeDennisonIdlehands
houtenziel

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:09 pm

I have no peer reviewed studies conclusively proving my findings but I'm pretty sure vitamin C doesn't do squat but keep scurvy at bay. I've used silver when necessary for many many years, have yet to turn gray. I recommend Sovereign Silver 10ppm, works for about anything. Almost lost a fingertip and the scar is virtually imperceptible, most of it vanished and the worst part looks like it's a crease line now.
I absolutely don't doubt it's efficacy at all - silver has been used as an effective antibacterial/antiviral for centuries. My main concern is finding one that is truly a colloid, and not ionic or silver protein(which is where you get the gray/blue thing). I will look to see if I can find that brand here in town. It would be interesting to try it out on the next wave of plague that hits here :)

Oh and agreed on the vitamin C thing. All it does is give me a gut-ache. My wife insists.. soo...
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 5):
Thelonious monkfishIslayphileMikeDennisonKevin KeithIdlehands
ncrobb
Founding Member

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 pm

ODF-RR in a little Devil Anse. Dang it’s cold in Nashville. Maybe I need a heavier coat?

I take Vitamin C and/or eat citrus every day. No kidding, one of my few fears in life is to have scurvy.
This post by ncrobb liked by (total 8):
Mr BeardsleyKevin KeithIslayphileThelonious monkfishMikeDennisonMikeb717simplepipesIdlehands
“Spread your arms, hold your breath and always trust your cape.” - Guy Clark
Bamarick
Member in Good Standing

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:55 pm

ncrobb wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 pm
ODF-RR in a little Devil Anse. Dang it’s cold in Nashville. Maybe I need a heavier coat?
Have you seen the forecast for this coming weekend? Sunday afternoon's high here in N Alabama is predicted to be 27! I've been chilled to the bone today with a high of 38 and the shot of Evan Williams I had with my Coffee didn't help a bit. I'm moving to Florida!

BTW, I had a short bowl of PA in the MM Cob. I have to smoke outside so it was a quick one.
This post by Bamarick liked by (total 8):
Mr BeardsleyncrobbKevin KeithhoutenzielThelonious monkfishMikeDennisonsimplepipesIdlehands
Just an old retired Telephone Man enjoying life one day at a time.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm

Prince Albert Match in yet another Dr G 69er

This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 9):
houtenzielIslayphileThelonious monkfishMikeDennisonoldbillsimplepipesLongshanksMr BeardsleyIdlehands
Bamarick
Member in Good Standing

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:51 pm

I have no peer reviewed studies conclusively proving my findings but I'm pretty sure vitamin C doesn't do squat but keep scurvy at bay.
Way back in the 50's, here in rural Alabama, a lady from the Health Dept would show up at our school every month or so and have us drink either Orange or Grapefruit Juice. Now many years later I realize the purpose of that was to prevent Scurvy. Sadly it was still prevalent although I've never known anyone who had it. Maybe those visits from the nice lady kept us all from having it.
This post by Bamarick liked by (total 4):
Kevin KeithMikeDennisonsimplepipesIdlehands
Just an old retired Telephone Man enjoying life one day at a time.
houtenziel

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Celebratory bowl of CBK in the Roma. I love you guys.. ♥
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 7):
IslayphileoldbillKevin KeithMikeDennisonsimplepipesMr BeardsleyIdlehands
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:34 pm

PA Match in a psychedelic, blue stemmed Dr Grabow Omega

This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 7):
houtenzielMikeDennisonsimplepipesoldbillLongshanksMr BeardsleyIdlehands